• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

SuperJaws100
SuperJaws100
I prefer BL for a number of reasons. I'm familiar with it, and there's too much that CE can't do compared to BL that would make managing two editors difficult. The one thing that CE has that BL doesn't is the map tile editor. I rarely if ever make custom map sheets because I don't use and refuse to even have CE on my PC. But to each his own.
Bionicobot
Bionicobot
You'll get used to it. I haven't want to Cave Editor once for Cold Core. I'm CE free!
Kim Tyranto
Kim Tyranto
I prefer CE to BL, though I rarely use BL for the hackinator. And flag list generating.

A friend uses CE and BL simultaneously, mainly to get maps from one mod to another (though right now she's decided to quit modding or even helping with mods).

But as Bionicobot says, you'll get used to it.
Reddeh Le Steddeh
Reddeh Le Steddeh
if you want simplicity and you also want to make mods I think you're looking for two completely separate things. i'll take function over form any day.
Goerge Bobicles
Goerge Bobicles
There is no point to using ce anymore. Noxid has incorporated and in many cases improved all features of ce into his godly editor and it even has the tile editor that @SuperJaws100 claims that it doesn't have
Kenzo_ITN
Kenzo_ITN
The newest version has this thing called the argument decoder, which basically, it can like, show you which face picture your using when you put in the number. And it's a lot better than CE's.
CyberSoup
CyberSoup
The CE shows which face pic you use when you put in the number too. Same with <GIT and <AM+.