Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Noxid
Noxid
just wait until after
Some random guy
Some random guy
@Noxid

I'd rather not
Goddammit why doesn't growing up have a "No thanks, I'm good." option?
Noxid
Parkraft123
Parkraft123
REALITY!
Raus
Raus
You're computer is currently blue-screen-of-death-ing!
>No thanks

You're dieing of old age!
>No thanks

Apple is releasing the iPhone/iPhablet/iPad (Who even knows!?) 7SC++ Mini XL 2GB!
>No thanks
Noxid
Noxid
well I mean to be fair "no thanks"-ing the last one is something we can already do
Raus
Raus
I didn't mean by not buying it. I meant by preventing its creation and commercialization wholly.
Some random guy
Some random guy
@Raus "dying of old age"
"Don't worry, the singularity will save us all!" -every millennial ever

Also I've heard of this thing called lucid dreaming that would be really nice now that we're talking about the whole "reality sucks" thing. People say it works but I doubt it. For all of you that don't know you basically gain the ability to become self-aware in your dreams.
Serri
Serri
For me it's kinda more like this:

Elementary school: Good things will easily be served on a silver platter for you!
Middle school: Just some good things will be served on a silver platter for you, but it may not be that easy.
High school: You have to pass 4 different tests in order to get the silver platter!
College: Here's the silver platter. It's empty. Start digging away in a nearly barren excavation site to put stuff on it.
Parkraft123
Parkraft123
@Some random guy I had a lucid dream once. It ended seconds after it began, but I was at a playground, and I was self aware and like "holy shit I control this world now". I tried gliding like Bubsy. Surprisingly, it worked. Unfortunately, I woke myself up due to extreme excitement, and I haven't had any lucid dreams since, at least any I can remember. It was a unique experience, to say the least.
Bionicobot
Bionicobot
I have had lucid dreams before. Most of the time you get extremely excited and wake up, but when you get it working, the extra time given is so amazing. My thing to know if I'm dreaming is pocketing things and seeing if I can pull it out again. Usually I end up waking up because of it, but the times when I can actually do stuff are amazing. I punched Da Trump in his face a few days ago because of it.
Xemous
Xemous
I've had like 2 lucid dreams but both times I wasn't able to control anything so I just stood around trying until I woke up
Nothing
Nothing
I've had quite a few lucid dreams. I had one where I tested my ability to feel pain by hitting my head against a rock. It didn't hurt.

However, as people above me have mentioned, many lucid dreams tend to be very fragile due to excitement. Most of my lucid dreams don't last long because of this.
mckgamer
mckgamer
Accurate. Also, I have never had a lucid dream because the moment I realise I am in my dream I can never stay in it. And that's appearently normal so I guess I will never see Reggie announcing Mother 3 is coming to the west on the jumbo tron. Dangit.
SuperJaws100
SuperJaws100
I didn't understand what was so special about lucid dreams for a long time because for the most part I've always been able to lucid dream at will. Basically when I'm dreaming, it feels like watching an exciting and emotional movie because I'm always aware of my real body and my dream body simultaneously. I'll wake myself up if I need to use the bathroom and if the dream is taking and ugly turn I'll "change the channel" so to speak. I rarely remember dreaming, though.
funwillfunwill
funwillfunwill
Wait....lucid dreams are out of the ordinary? I've had a good amount of them. Not a majority of my dreams, but definitely a good amount.