Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Some random guy
Some random guy
Try clearing %temp%
If you're desperate a factory reset should bump you back to windows 8 (if you updated from it)
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
For Windows: If it continues after a restart, open up Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), do More Details, and look at CPU, Memory, Disk, Network percents. If anything is abnormally high, try sorting by that column and google that process to see if it's normal.

For more information, you can click on Performance, and Open Resource Monitor. That might help you pin down processes that are using a lot of resources.

Beyond that, you could virus scan, run something like CC Cleaner (I've heard that it can help), defrag if you have a mechanical drive, or system restore to a point before things went bad. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to backup anything essential before taking corrective steps you haven't tried before.
Some random guy
Some random guy
Avast antivirus is pretty good, and it's free.
Pummelator
Pummelator
clamav is good, but as far as I know, it's for Linux only. Package name "clamav" Command: "freshclam; clamscan" (freshclam updates the definitions and such, clamscan runs an antivirus scan.)

If you're interested, tell me, because I can tell you a few useful things about it.
Mint
Mint
Its basicly just the disk being used 100%, it might be avg though.
Im going to try a few more things in hope that o can fix this myself.
Mint
Mint
I dont know what I did but it seems to have worked.
Now to hope it wont ever happen again.
Mint
Mint
Okay it happened again, and now it's even worse.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Were you able to find out what process or application is using your disk so much?