Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Camero
Camero
I need that.
Raus
Raus
Reminds me of a friend who got the nickname "Cheesus" as he would give away a lot of cheez-its.
Some random guy
Some random guy
@Raus that's got to be the coolest nickname one can get
Xemous
Xemous
Alright, so this is going to sound really crazy, but theres actually quite a bit of things in the iCarly theme song that leads me to believe that it was a song about America’s actions in the Middle East after 9/11. Wouldn't it make sense that they would want to indoctrinate children to justify the government’s actions?
Anyways, without further ado, here are the lyrics and analysis: I know, you see - preface to try to make the listener believe they are lady know this Somehow the world will change for me - a new world order And be so wonderful - the world order will be better than the previous one because it will be ruled by America Live life, breathe air I know somehow we're gonna get there - the Iraq war, intervention in the Middle East and NATO are a means to get to the new world order from the last stanza And feel so wonderful - Again, be better than the old one And it's all for real - The new world order is going to be real
I'm telling you just how I feel So wake up the members of my nation - nation does not mean her following, but instead the actual nation of America It's your time to be - 9/11 was used as a justification for going back into the Middle East There's no chance unless you take one - No better a time to go back, literally the Pearl Harbor of the 21st century And it's time to see The brighter side of every situation - 9/11 was bad, but this new world oder will be better Somethings are meant to be - America believes its job is to rule the world So give your best and leave the rest to me - support the war and we’ll do it Leave it all to me Leave it all to me Just leave it all to me - America alone will rule the world
This might be a little far fetched, but I’m curious what other people think of this. The song was written a considerable amount of time after the war, but after the war is when people started to question it. This isn't meant to be slanderous in any way towards the US or the people who wrote the song, but I feel like the striking wording can’t go undressed.
Cheers