Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

andwhyisit
andwhyisit
Eh. I never bothered upgrading. I prefer to have the original windows installation disc if something ever goes wrong.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
For me, Windows 10 has worked surprisingly well, maintaining backwards compatibility with most software (besides one old XP game). Though with all the trouble I went through to get it to upgrade, it's not much different than Windows 8.1, and less polished, but with some new features.

I did it because I got a free Pro upgrade from Win7 Home with a spare 8 pro disc :] Wanted to reserve 10 pro, and switch back to 7 if it broke, but it worked...

What menus broke Miccs? The only menu thing that breaks every time for me... Open up explorer, and on the left-side, the quick navigation for drives and folders. If you right-click a drive... Instant explorer restart every time ><
Instead I have to click on My Computer so the drives are in the central file explorer view. Then I can right click them from there...
Mint
Mint
@X-Calibar The main start menu and the notification menus were the main things that broke, I think I was still able to search, but the W10 configuration was unable to be reached.
I think a few similiar things broke too.
Good thing I found out that it's possible to revert by holding shift when rebooting.
Mint
Mint
I just noticed it chose to open files without a file extension with clear.fi(some sort of multimedia program that comes with Acer systems.).
Not that it can even open those files, but why?
EDIT: it seems to be .Dat, still a problem, might be able to fix though.
Bionicobot
Bionicobot
I use 8. Because I can't get anything else besides 10, and I want to wait. Also print screen is better.
Bionicobot
Bionicobot
I use 8. Because I can't get anything else besides 10, and I want to wait. Also print screen is better.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
@Bionicobot: I personally think that Microsoft failed when it came to Windows 8. The most important feature of Windows is windows. It's in the bloody name. The ability to view and interact with multiple programs at once by having them not take up the entire screen. Windows 8 completely lost sight of that.