Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Bionicobot
Bionicobot
Embrace the weirdness. Let it consume your sleep.
Nothing
Nothing
Join the club.
Polaris
Polaris
Dreams are spun of dark and pulsing gold. Holding one in your hand could burn you, could cause it to disintegrate, could solidify into beauty. I think they're worth catching.
Raus
Raus
Months ago when I attempted to lucid dream, I managed to remember multiple dreams of mine, and they all ranged from completely different topics, all equally eccentric.
Personally I'd say it was worth catching them so to say. (I no longer have nightmares, so that's a big plus *shudder*)

I've only had one unspeakably beautiful dream ever, and all that effort was spent solely on an amazing piece of music ^_^'
Bionicobot
Bionicobot
How do I unlock the special abillities of Lucid Dreaming?
Raus
Raus
The whole concept of lucid dreaming is figuring out that you're dreaming. This can be accomplished in two different ways: reality checks and dream journals

Reality checks involve doing a simple action until it becomes second-nature to you. You'll end up doing said reality check in your dream, and you'll notice that it isn't the same as previous IRL checks; something odd or unusual will be about it.
One potential reality check is to tap your thumb on each seperate finger on the hand, going in a oscillating pattern.

The other method is too keep a dream journal, where you record everything that happened in your dream. This will help you significantly (I've recorded around 10 dreams in consecutive nights! Even cases of accidentally waking up at midnight and getting another dream.) in remembering your dreams, and distinguishing between reality and dreams.