TheHamburglar

Profile posts Postings About

• HOW DO I GET CAVE STORY ON LINUX??? (I'm running Unity on crouton if that helps)
    Pummelator
    Pummelator
    Do you have Wine installed?
    q3hardcore
    q3hardcore
    "Unity is a graphical shell for the GNOME desktop environment ". If you want to run Cave Story, either try the Linux version or use Wine to run the Windows version. Also, if you can run Steam, Cave Story+ is available for Linux.
    gamemanj
    gamemanj
    Note: The below applies to Wine 1.7.51. Earlier versions may be different, but I know that in most cases vanilla CS will run. The differences occur when modding is involved.
    I can confirm that Wine will run the windows vanilla freeware version perfectly.
    However, certain mods that mess with the FPS can run *extremely* slow(Not sure why, I'd need to see their ASM edits. Haven't managed to reproduce this recently, though - it might have been fixed?) Also, WTF Story isn't quite usable. (Just retested, as of recently the display doesn't work at all, but the FPS issues don't occur anymore.)
    However, for vanilla CS and mods which don't use whatever WTF Story is doing that apparently broke, it's perfectly usable. (Plus, Wine runs Cheat Engine & such relatively fine, and Doukutsu Assembler is Java, so you *can* perform ASM edits in a 100% Linux environment. If you're writing C code using NICE, you need to convert my build environment so you can use the OpenWatcom C compiler or a MinGW compiler, but it *should* - untested - work.)
    The only problem is that I don't quite understand Linux yet... I'm working on it.
    Pummelator
    Pummelator
    I do understand Linux, so you can ask me questions if you need to.
    q3hardcore
    q3hardcore
    What don't you understand about it?
    The 9th will always be my favorite, but I love them all. Series 9 tonight!
    Yinga
    Yinga
    I will never understand how people can tolerate 2
    Raus
    Raus
    I'll probably watch that new seas9n when I become interested in Doctor Who again...and it comes to Netflix ^_^;

I stopped watching halfway through season 7. It just kinda got a bit repetitive, more importantly the tenth doctor is gone ;~;
    Camero
    Camero
    #9 is much better than 7-8.
    Thanks for the help, (despite those talking about it negatively) I did in fact get an A on that science report. Thanks again!
    Raus
    Raus
    No problem! ^_^
    Hey guys! Anyone here have Xbox One and want a BO3 Beta code? I have 2 to give away!
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    I wish I still had the time to play CoD as much as I used to, lol. How is it so far? I hear it's a good time.
    You are my favorite youtube channel
    duncathan
    duncathan
    Please text the girl to at the very least validate her existence
    TheHamburglar
    TheHamburglar
    I definitely will, the funny thing is that I've seen her like 5 times since then.
    Hello Friend, SafuSaka and Me are big fans of Hamburger Gaming. Please contact SafuSaka, as he wants to give you his updated "BURGER" Sprite for your use. He would appreciate it.
    So it was YOU who stole my hamburgers! Knave, scoundrel, vagabond! We must fight to the death to reclaim the honor you took with my delicious, meaty patties!!
    Polaris
    Polaris
    ...Also, hello and a belated welcome ^_^;
    Random-storykeeper
    Random-storykeeper
    Wait a second...<em class='bbc'>Ham</em>burglar.

"Ham" burglar.

Anyway, I second Polaris' gesture. Belated welcome, meat thief.
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
  • Loading…
  • Loading…