Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
That's great, I'm glad that you're honored rather than offended.
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
Why exactly would it be offending?
(Please elaborate and elucidate as much possible, I'm trying to study and analyze human psychology/behaviour to help get a better grasp of society. Thank you!)
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Most people discover at a very early age that you can make carpet darker by running your finger through it, so I found it amusing that you didn't figure it out until age 13. We all have our things that we bloom late for, though. For example, I wouldn't have sauce or meat in my spaghetti until I was 14. Instead I would overload the noodles with salt and butter.
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
Interesting, I do the same thing too. That's... a weird coincidence?
Also, what I deduced from your second sentence is that most people like being normal and not too different from other people. Is this right?
Lastly, why exactly would I be offended if you were amused by something I said? I don't really get it, sorry.
Thank you!
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Your statement about some people wanting to be normal is true, but that wasn't the point I was making. You know how when you're little, and your social and communication skills are still developing, you would often times say silly things, which would make all the adults in the room pause in silence for a moment and then burst out laughing? Sometimes it can be amusing that you made them all laugh without even trying, but other times it can be hurtful because they're coming across as condescending by laughing at something you said that wasn't meant to be laughed at. That was the kind of laughter that you got out of me by making that post that I quoted. And it's for that reason that I was worried you might be slightly offended by me quoting you like that, but glad that you were instead honored. Does that make sense?