Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Tpcool
Tpcool
Who is mistaking you for being that age, and why?!
Random-storykeeper
Random-storykeeper
At a Christmas party, an elderly lady asked, "So how old are you? 12?" and she legitimately thought I looked that age. I have no idea why.

Heh come to think of it, a number of people do think I look much younger than I am. 15, maybe is the oldest guess. I wouldn't be surprised if I still had to show ID when going to see a movie rated higher than PG lol.
Tpcool
Tpcool
Hah, wouldn't that put a confused look on people's faces.
Neither I nor anybody I know has had a guess of their age butchered so badly, so I have to feel sorry for you. I mean, it's extremely common for people to guess that I am, like, give or take 16 (it's rare when they get my age and I don't think anybody has gone over), but I don't recall anybody thinking I was ever 5 years under my actual age.
Maybe it's because you really do look a lot younger than your actual age? Or maybe she's just really old and can't see well?
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
People have had issues guessing my age for as long as I can remember. The first twelve years of my life, I looked younger than I was. When I was 10, some other boy thought I seemed like I was 6. When I was going into 5th grade, my chiropractor thought I was going into 3rd grade (and I'm old for my grade). When I was 12, some guy thought I was 10. But then once I got to 14 people started thinking I was 16. Ever since I was 15, people have been saying that I look college-age. Some have just automatically assumed it. Just today, one of my new co-workers thought I was in my 20s, and was surprised to hear that I'm still early on in being 18.

Be proud of the fact that you don't look your age, it makes telling them your actual age fun. Isn't that right, X-Calibar?