Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

ElecMaw
ElecMaw
No problem, slick.
Tpcool
Tpcool
I agree. Dooliss is easily my favorite Paper Mario villain, and The Thousand Year Door is probably one of my favorite games of all-time.
BLink
BLink
It's Doopliss TP.

But yeah TTYD was easily my favorite Mario game.

There was so much depth to it. It's like the Majora's mask of the Mario series.
Tpcool
Tpcool
I didn't have a 'p' yet, Bombchu.
ElecMaw
ElecMaw
Tpcool
Tpcool
I wanted to mention it, but I decided not to. Sticker Star was such a disappointment. So extremely underwhelming, it got rid of most everything I liked about the other games.
BLink
BLink
oh yeah, it took me a year to find out his name. (no kidding) I gave up and went to Mario kart and sunshine.

But sticker star's really that bad?

What a disappointment... I really liked the paper mario games.
ElecMaw
ElecMaw
I played that for about 3 hours then traded it back to the store. =/

From all the amazingly stupid things they did in SS, a mute Bowser was the biggest crime in that game ;_;
Tpcool
Tpcool
I have considered trading it in, but I feel like finishing it one of these days. I'm still on what I hear is the worst chapter so far, and it really is a mess. So much confusing nonsense, and I have to be reminded of the garbage story considering that there hardly *is* a story. Hopefully the next game will redeem the series. Even though I like the direction they took with Super Paper Mario, I am glad that Sticker Star went back to the turn-based style of battle. Maybe they'll do something good with it in the next game.
ElecMaw
ElecMaw
Super Paper Mario is more of a love-it-hate-it kind of game. I personally didn't like it but i can understand why people would like it.

My bigger prob is with SS that there is no exp system in the game, making battling a pointless waste of time. Even worse is that attacks are finite so battles are more punishing than the strategy of just avoiding them entirely. That bosses can be beaten in one hit with the right attack makes it even more stupid, but yeah stripping the story to nothing was the dumbest move yet. =/
BLink
BLink
we can hope...

I don't like where the Zelda or Sonic series is heading either currently.

the looooong slooow text from Skyward sword made the game unbearable for me and seeing <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp6lSwVjzrY/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>this</a> made me feel really uncomfortable with lost world...

What happened to Twilight princess and <em class='bbc'>Live and Learn</em>?
Tpcool
Tpcool
Yeah, you're absolutely right Elec, I remember that I just started avoiding battles altogether after I came to the realization that they didn't matter. Who thought that was a good idea?!
BLink
BLink
You guys just convinced me not to buy the game.

The EXP system way one of my favorite parts of the game.
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
We're talking about Paper Mario! YEAH! I do like your picture. I quite like Paper Mario TTYD, as well as Doopliss. Haven't played Sticker Star yet. I probably will though, Paper Mario 2's probably my 2nd or favorite game, up there with VVVVVV.