Polar✪
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media About

• So today 3 spambots have posted simultaneously, all of which I've reported. Anyone else notice an increase of spambots recently?
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    Oh yeah I saw all of those spambots post today. Wonder if it's just a coincidence that they all posted near the same time, but maybe the security is just not working that well.
    Safusaka
    Safusaka
    yeah tell me about it
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    tell me about it man
    I've asked doors and he said that more than one person can do a mod. Can I critique your hell contest mod? It looks like it won't be awful and might even be good.
    If I wanted, say, someone to make an .org for me, where would I ask? And I'm not sure what I'd give them in return...
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    Ooooh! You did a great job with it! Thanks! This'll be the perfect song for a "final" area, thanks a bunch!
    Safusaka
    Safusaka
    I'll make an org for you! just dm me with details :)
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    ok do it now
    can use this logo thingy for something (related to the forums)
    BLink
    BLink
    BLink
    BLink
    With a little bit of editing that is.
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    oh yeah def.

That idea was a little too ambitious for a nearly dead forum anyway.
    Now that is one damn fine signature. What did you make it in?
    S
    Slither
    If you make the entire portion that's below the links (or at least the part containing the entity's path) as one image, it would probably look a lot smoother. It gets delayed and looks quite odd sometimes the way you have it set up now.
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    I'm not receiving much lag on my end, but that's actually a really good idea. I'll probably do that tomorrow, thanks for suggesting it.
    duncathan
    duncathan
    Yeah jeez, that's one hell of a sig
    So apparently whether or not Curly wants to be FUCKED is now a topic of discussion in the theories section and I'm not sure how to feel about this
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    It's beautiful and horrifying at the same time.
    ElecMaw
    ElecMaw
    It's not the theory that bugs me (I've seen far worse) but more on how he elaborated on it
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Oh, 2008...what would we do without you.
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    I realized that he had special code when I went to examine his lighting method in Sues Story, to discover that he used commands not implemented in the game. But I didn't know he had an unlimited character sprite system...I may need to ask him if I could use it.

And as for the shooting the lights out, it's very interesting in the final product, but technically-speaking it's quite a pain to do, since it's just alot, and I mean ALOT of <CMP commands. But the end result makes me think it's worth it.

If I knew a lick of asm hacking for the game, I'd try and give quote a flashlight, but since that's not gonna happen (and is realistically extremely complex code), I'll have to settle for script tricks. Lightswitches, directional lights that can be aimed, things like that. But I'm almost certainly going to make a mod featuring lighting effects like the ones shown/mentioned. I don't know when I'll have something to show for it, but I will in awhile.
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    Oh, woops! I didn't realize. This opens up possibilities for the mod...although I won't be abolishing the splotchy method of editing lighting entirely if I adopt that lighting system. Perhaps I'll just put them in the background, so as to obscure the background using the current method, but Quote could get darker using that mod? I'll have to think about this.
    IdioticBaka1824
    IdioticBaka1824
    I find the way you compiled and made use of this in your mod very skilful. Good luck for future mapping!
    Polar✪
    Polar✪
    Thanks!
    Spirit
    Spirit
    mish
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…