duncathan
duncathan
was it because we were both being really twelve
duncathan
duncathan
it was because we were both being twelve wasn't it
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
The real original reason I even went to the trouble to host the third Kanpachis was because it looked like no one else was going to do it, so I took matters into my own hands. Once I got into the groove of running the Kanpachis, I felt like I could get used to this. But then after our argument I remembered why I did the Kanpachis in the first place, and so I now look upon your dib as you saving me the trouble and necessary time spent doing the Kanpachi owner's announcing and OP-updating duties, and being able to tell myself that I kept the Kanpachi spirit alive by inspiring others to carry on the Kanpachis that would have otherwise either died, gone a year without being so, or at least been delayed much further. In addition, if the same voting method will be used in the fourth Kanpachis as in the third, and by that time Noxid still hasn't learned how to make those multi selections in HTML, then it would be more direct with the Kanpachis owner being the one to make the voting front end than what we did. And of course, it was a simple way of ending the argument between us. The topic was bound to resurface by December if I had stood firm in wanting to keep running the Kanpachis, so now I won't have to have that thought in the back of my head for the next almost ten months and then have to face it again then.

And really, the only things that I can only do as the owner is control if and how frequently the OP gets updated, the exact format of the OP, and some things about categories if they aren't too outrageous to arouse a large amount of opposes. The only things that matter that much, nominating and voting, are things that the owner can't really control, and that the users of these forums really determine, the former of which could even be mostly the handiwork of a regular user, which could be me. So the more I thought about it, the more I realized I wasn't really missing out on much by not hosting the Kanpachis, since I remember that I was originally waiting with baited breath for Fab to announce the third Kanpachis, and only when it appeared to be abandoned did I take ownership.

Also, it was around 24 hours after Noxid intervened that this all occurred to me. The original plan was to not make my mysterious indifference known until this came up near the end of 2013 just for kicks, but I decided to spill when Doors brought it up, to prevent another argument from breaking out.
duncathan
duncathan
okay that makes sense
I was thinking you were just trying to piss me off by saying no or something, but honestly I didn't expect it to be anywhere near the truth, and I was right