HaydenStudios
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Thanks for the help with changing characters, but about the grappling hook. Say I was going to use Dubby's mechanic for the hook, should I ask her for permission first?
    rixis19
    rixis19
    I'd thought I should ask before I did it and release it. Anyway, she did program it herself.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Always here to help. Depends on how much you'd copy his code. I mostly linked you there to see that it can be done. If you wrote your own code but used the same concept, there would be no need to ask Dubby's permission unless you used some of his graphics. If you wanted to save yourself time by using some of his code or graphics though, then it probably would be a courteous thing to ask him, though I'm not sure how you'd do that since his latest activity was almost eight months ago.

Also, I suppose I don't know his gender as a fact, but based on his personality when talking to him as well as the pronouns people who know him better than me use when referring to him, I'm pretty sure Dubby is a guy. The fact that someone has a picture of a girl as his or her avatar doesn't necessarily mean that the user is a girl.
    rixis19
    rixis19
    Thanks, and I just inferred, typing quickly, not really thinking of pronouns and avatar image, but if I was, would have gone with guy.......
    Your signature is unaligned on mobile devices
    duncathan
    duncathan
    Maybe put the underlying text in the images themselves?
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Alright, I'll put that on my to-do list.
    duncathan
    duncathan
    I'm imagining a 10 page formal list written in the most professional font available with a tiny note at the bottom
    "align signature on mobiles"
    hey so I was wondering why you let me have the kanpachis so easily when sold said it after that big argument we had over it
    Noxid
    Noxid
    * I know how to make forms in HTML, I'm just too lazy to copy-paste 20-odd questions and format it
    S
    Slither
    I'm sorry Hayden, I was probably provoking you in the thread
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    It's fine. Nothing bad came of it, so it doesn't really bother me.
    Hadyen, I saw you had a psp port of your two mods, can you give me a idea of how you accomplished this?
    rixis19
    rixis19
    Thanks, once I'm done with my mod, thats what I'm going to do. And I'll contact him tomorrow, but while I'm online, whats the limit for maps?
    rixis19
    rixis19
    Also, considering I only joined today and look at the forums, I found your mods and downloaded them for the mac and psp. Thanks!
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    The map limit for ports is 95, including map number 0, which would make the last map show up on the list as map 94.

Also, glad you can benefit from the ports.
    Thanks Hayden for that comment on Quick Modding.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Certainly, I never like seeing events transpire where a simple mistake or less-than-ideal example is painted as worse than it really is.
    "I really don't hold much against you most of the time considering that you're only thirteen years old"
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    I had a feeling you were going to address that. Alright, I won't consider that a factor.

Well then, your range of members in whom you see potential improvement is a bit narrow in my opinion. Really, flaming almost never helps the situation. It never really teaches anyone anything, especially if the new member in question is younger than fifteen, or is an outright troll. The only thing that condemning another user ever accomplishes is make that user feel bad, and cause him/her to not like you. Now these days I wouldn't say you do this excessively, but you still do have your moments. The more that the regular users step back and let the moderation team handle the situation, the happier everyone usually is. If 24 hours elapse since the member's actions and the moderators and administrators didn't take any action, then that's probably because the member didn't do anything wrong.
    duncathan
    duncathan
    I'd say "flaming" is a bit of a strong word for what I do. Just because I'm an asshole to them doesn't mean I'm flaming. And honestly there is like one or two people at the moment that I really think aren't going to improve any time soon, and they're liam and fadoink. I don't think my range is narrow at all. If you really think it's that narrow, name someone else I've been an asshole like that to lately.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    iamssj4, KaminoShimobe a little bit.

I honestly don't see what problem you have with Liamillay, I kind of like him.
    Yeah, I don't see fadoink improving real soon, but that isn't really justification for making antagonistic posts towards him, especially considering that you aren't really accomplishing anything. Again, the fact that this doesn't happen too often is another part of why I don't hold that much against you.

As for the range of people who "deserve it", that does not include people like Liamillay with whom I honestly don't see any problem, and immature kids like fadoink who simply don't know any better. In my book, this level of shame is exclusive to people like Lord Shadow (maybe), ZDitty, and Carrotlord who inflame the situation for no apparent reason, deliberately troll, or have completely gone off their rocker respectively.
    <a href='https://twitter.com/fitnesslion' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>According to Twitter this is who you're following.</a>
    okay so I'm working on it and it'll probably be done by today, then I'll send it off to noxid and it'll be his problem
    duncathan
    duncathan
    "But I thought it before he said it!"
    duncathan
    duncathan
    Alright you've stopped responding so I'm just going to take this moment to sum up the argument:
    "Alright so you just dibbed but because of that I'm making a rule that means you can't dib it" -you
    "Can you read? I dibbed first, just look at the order of comments. I'll just have nox take away your privelage if you're going to be crazy like this" -me
    "I have a crazy double standard and also that's an empty threat"-you
    "Not really an empty threat"-me
    "You don't scare me"-you
    "Okay so why do you have first dibs again?"-me
    "Because I thought so first, duh, that's a perfectly valid reason"-you

While this is slanted in my favour, it's still true.
    Noxid
    Noxid
    girls please
    you're both pretty
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'><p>I am not a tangible object, yet you can take me by performing physical action, if I am made, then I was taken first, I am always taken, but not always made, it is wisest only to take me if you're confident you can make me. What am I?</p></blockquote> What is the answer? Or is that a secret?
    Yo I haven't figured out a way to not show the results of the poll (anonymously) without completely redoing everything, is it okay if they can see the percentages?
    Noxid
    Noxid
    man dunc all you need to do is make the HTML frontend with all the choices and crap that I can't be bothered to look up, what are you doing
    duncathan
    duncathan
    Oh really
    Give me five minutes
    duncathan
    duncathan
    Oh really
    Give me five minutes
    fyi if you can be assed to put together an HTML voting page I'll host it on my site and hook up some backend for vote tallying.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Thanks for the offer, but I have just abot no experience with HTML. I'll probably stick to having voting take place by PMing me, unless someone comes out and hands a page of that nature to me on a silver platter, or if you suddenly decide to take matters further into your own hands.
    Noxid
    Noxid
    I'm sure dunc would love to help
    duncathan
    duncathan
    I'll whip up a shitty page that'll probably maybe work almost
    Hey, wassap? Gimme yer Xbox live!
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    I'm not really in tune to what's going on with how that works, so I'm not sure if this would suffice or not, but I have a Windows Live account. Not sure if that's the same. But anyway, my gamer tag is: "HaydenStudios"

Just note that the only game I have that works with Windows Live is Halo 2 (the PC version), which I don't play a whole lot these days. Also, you were probably thinking I would play it via Xbox, but I don't have one, and I'm pretty sure that inter-console connecting was scrapped long ago due to PC gamers beating the living daylights out of the console gamers. Not sure what gave you the idea that I had an Xbox.
    bahamut
    bahamut
    Haha, i saw "halo" in the interests of your profile, i will add you soon...
    Hello, Cave Story 2 really made me sad, i was hoping for a real mod!
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Yeah sorry, I have a nasty habit of writing large amounts of text when I really mean to briefly state something, but then I tell myself if I leave out that detail, then the entire message won't make sense, and that detail, and that detail, and before I know it, it's a lot to read.

That's fine, I'm sure I'll have plenty of testers.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Oh gosh, I just realized that I went over the maximum VM character limit. In case you're wondering, here's what the rest of it said:

I assure you that I am just as eager to get a move on with my next mod as fans of my mods are to start playing them.
    bahamut
    bahamut
    Ok
    hayden, you need to stop reading the erotic pokemon fanfiction, it's not healthy for a young man your age.
    duncathan
    duncathan
    I'm worried about whether or not I was interested in the explanation
    Noxid
    Noxid
    I can't say for sure but I do know hayden sort of cornered you into the conversation.
    bahamut
    bahamut
    You caught me when i was in Hayden form watching how a ekans and a persian would do it!
    Cr4p!
    I have now been a member of these forums for a year! Can I call myself not a new member anymore? Anyway, I'll never forget the super early morning that I received that comment from Dunc: "Your mod is awesome and you should feel awesome."
    S
    Shane
    I guess you can call yourself a regular member.
    As for me, I'll have to wait until 12 February.
    CookedChef
    CookedChef
    Congrats! I still have several months away for that to come for me.
    BhadRebelle
    BhadRebelle
    Congratulations! I think you can consider yourself a veteran, tbh. You've made quite an impact on these forums. C:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…