Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

duncathan
duncathan
by the way dibs on running next year's kanpachis
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Cool, glad that it's almost done.

I suppose there hasn't been a formal rule established to decide who gets to host the Kanpachis, so as the current person running it, I'll make this rule:
The current owner of the Kanpachis is entitled to continue being the host for as many successive years as he or she pleases, until he or she is no longer active, available, or otherwise up to the task. In which event a new host may either volunteer, or be selected.

So, as the current owner of the Kanpachis, I choose to remain so until further notice. Don't give up hope that something might come up to make me busy this time next year or that I might simply not feel up to it though. In which case I'll be sure to come to you first. Just know that as of right now I have first dibs, since I went to the trouble to bring together these Kanpachis.
duncathan
duncathan
you don't have first dibs, you have second dibs
look at the order of the comments and you will see that I, in fact, have first dibs

if you say otherwise I'll have noxid strip you of your kanpachi privelages
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
I say otherwise.

The moderation team isn't responsible for the Kanpachis. Kanpachi privileges aren't theirs to take away. The only way for a user to be stopped from running the Kanpachis by a moderator or admin is for that user to during that time be suffering a ban due to violation of forum rules. You don't scare me. I remember <a href='http://www.cavestory.org/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=160862' class='bbc_url' title=''>last time you made an empty threat like that</a>, and nobody came to your support.
duncathan
duncathan
I think you clicked the wrong copy in the right click menu, that's not a post, it's the thing you click on in a quote to get to a post
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
I think you clicked the comment button after I fixed that.
duncathan
duncathan
how is it an empty threat if voting hasn't happened yet???
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Sorry, originally misread your post. At first for some reason I thought you were talking about getting everyone to state their support for letting things go in both best and "best" counterparts of a category.

Even after understanding what you were saying though, I'm still not very intimidated. Being able to sway enough people like that is a pretty bold claim.
duncathan
duncathan
Pff it won't be <em class='bbc'>unanimous</em> but it'll be a lot

You clearly underestimate my abilities

you still haven't explained why you have first dibs
if there weren't any rules before I dibbed, you can't make one just so you get the power
that's silly
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
That rule had already been in my mind before you brought this up, and I felt that it was already implied by common sense. I simply didn't see any need to bring it up until an issue such as this arose. Stuff like that I feel is implied to have already been within the jurisdiction of the current Kanpachis owner, so trying to call dibs like you tried to when it was already mine wasn't really your call to make with me still running it anyway.