Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Oh, sorry about that. But not really.

Hopefully I can get around to making a real mod at some point. It's funny how people have said that my first two practice/quick joke mods made people sad. If <em class='bbc'>those</em> made people sad and I wasn't even trying, I'm eager to see how sad my later-to-come mod(s) will make people when I'm actually trying.
bahamut
bahamut
When will you make a real one?
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Well, right now I'm working on a project that I started somewhere in July or August 2011 that I originally planned to finish by November of that year, but in August of that year, my first year of Highschool began, which was quite a shock for me to suddenly have so much more homework than I was used to. So that really pushed things back, and in October I got into modding, and with my spare time looked at some tutorials, and after that, I got into a state where I wasn't too busy with school work. But instead of going back to that project, I began making my fourth ending mod. And once I got a beta out, I spent the next three months debugging it with what little spare time I got since school started picking back up for me in January 2012, and also put some effort into making an April Fools joke video making it look like my fourth ending is a part of the actual game. So once April came, I really should have started back up on this project but I wasn't up for it for some reason.

I've been telling myself ever since about a year ago that I will not begin working real intensively on my next mod until I finish this project, because if I start my next mod now, it will get pushed even farther wayside, and likely get abandoned, which I don't have the heart to do. Once April 2012 started, there wasn't really anything other than that project keeping my busy, so I didn't have much of an excuse not to work on it. But somehow I managed to go through a whole summer of free time without finishing this project. And once school started back up, my schedule got even worse than it was in my first year of high school, and some other projects came up. At this point, I have now gotten out of the way all of my projects standing in between me and my next mod, aside from that one that I started in July-August 2011.

So now I'm back where I started in April last year with wanting to finish this project so that I can start working on my next mod and not having any excuse not to, except with a few month-long head start, and a little bit farther along in it than I was at that time. Hopefully I can get this project done by April, but seeing that its completion date has been pushed to more than a year later than its original estimated completion date, I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed even further. But I do have renewed interest in it now, so let's hope that a couple months of dedication can get it done. Now there is something after that that I might do that might keep me busy, but it will come to pass.

So, I know that wall of text was a bit unnecessary, but just in case you planned on asking <em class='bbc'>why</em> I would be waiting to start working intensively on my next mod, you would have your answer. Here are the possible times that I might start dedicating most of my free time to my next mod: I'd be extremely surprised if I started in February. Don't cross your fingers for me to start in March. I'm hoping I can start working on it in April. Let us hope that I've began by May. I'm pretty sure that I'll be done with this by June, but something might come up and make me busy until August, not sure. I'm pretty sure that I'll be done with this project by July, but something might come up, and I might be a bit busy during July. I really, REALLY think that I can definitively state that I will start dedicating all my free time to intensely working on my next mod by August.

TL;DR

It could be as early as March, and it could be as late as August, only time will tell. Of course, the actual first release will be some time after I start working more intensively on it. And the reason I've been saying "working more intensively on it" instead of "working" on it is because I have actually teased myself a few times with starting on it, which tbh has been more fun than most any activities I've been doing lately. I as...
bahamut
bahamut
Okay, that was a huge amount of text!
bahamut
bahamut