X-Calibar
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• I wasn't aware that Microsoft Word would save my name in the metadata of a .doc file :pignon2:
    oh and also, it might seem like TSC has alot of limitations.. but actually when getting really deep in there you can use flags, skipflags, flagjumps etc for incredible mechanisms.
    ive made a system so you have to press 8 different buttons in a certain combination, and if you get it wrong, nothing happens.
    hey i can do beta testing for you and come up with fixes for your problems..
    that will probably also help you understand TSC editing.
    after killing mahins pot, the focus doesnt go back to you. also, the animation is broken.
    Wow. You really know sound ;) Getting good sound seems more complicated than I thought. Just the idea that you get better sound by changing the Sennheiser HD600 cable seems weird. Why can't you get perfect sound out of the box with the HD600...? At that price Sennheiser should provide the proper cable to unleash the headset's full sound capacity. And a headphone amp as well? So the sound coming directly from my computer's sound card will not give me the best sound?

Confusing ;) I have never researched this too much. I really don't have the cash to buy expensive headphones or speakers. At least not until I too have won the lottery :p

Until then I am satisfied with my Bose headset. What kind of Bose headset do you have? I went to the store and listened to both the AE and the OE. The OE sounded a bit better than the AE, at least according to my hearing that day :p So I went for the OE, but still can't understand why the AE should be less good? The AE is slightly bigger, but that is probably just because of the "around ear" design. Maybe I didn't like the AE as much because the speakers were further away from the ear. The OE forces the speakers closer to your ears, giving more direct sound. I'm note sure. I'm just thinking out loud ;)

Maybe I should try the HD650 or the HD600 some day. The HD800 is definitely out of my price range! :p I would however like to listen to them one day if I get the change. Just to hear what kind of sound it has. I'm not sure if the hifi-stores have these expensive headsets available for testing...
    I googled "cave story music" and first found some mp3s which were less good. Low samplerate, low bitrate and very uneven timing which makes the music difficult to enjoy while listening. So when I found your forum post in the google search I was quite happy! :)

Yes, I got WinRAR for Windows and StuffIt for my Mac :) And I got Bose OE headphones which I think delivers good sound, but I've heard people disagree with that. Maybe it is because Bose may sound pre-equalized, and not everybody wants that.

Anyway, I really like the quality in your FLAC files :) Thank you very much, X-Calibar! You made my day! The music in this game is awesome! The MP3s in http://www.cavestory.org/downloads_music.php doesn't do the music justice at all. You should submit your rip there too so they get higher quality files :)

Thanks again!

Christian
    FLAC would be great :) It doesn't bother me that the files are 200 megs. That means the quality is awesome! How could the files be sent?
    Hi. You wrote somewhere that you had high quality recordings of the original Cave Story music. Is this something you could send me? I would really appreciate it :)
    Christian
    picture.php
    sorry i didnt send oyou the mod... theres alot to work on in it...
    have you thought how you would start cloud story?
    lol for the love of god dont download setfree.
    the mod is really crappy the way it is now.. i mean its fun and all but i put things like Rawr in dialogue because i didnt know how to put real one. setfree on my computer is actually REALLY good... i can send you a copy today.. after im done with some animating.
    what i thought is going through every topic in the theories forum, and take out the solid ones.. set a list of them with timeline and then develop a SOLID story line that will not have holes in.

i can use CE to its best... i can also mod tilesets (GFX)...
    and in about two months ill get in the process of learning hardcore ASM...
    and if i try really hard i can make an "O.K." org in a few days.

if youve got something to start on right now ill be glad to... i dont want to push this any further
    because im really excited about this... its like the very closure to cave story
    and thats something the community, and myself, were waiting for...

when were done... we can apply for noxids 2xres and we might just get it since the mod will be
    so big.
    hey if you want i can help you on working on cloud story
    that mod seems so interesting to me. ive wanted to make a mod that will connect all the unfinished points... but then i thought about how much work it would be and didnt even start thinking about it.
    are you interested?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…