Noxid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• I had not seen that before.
    Sorry, it looked rather pixely on the forums D:

By the way, have you done a Professor Booster cat yet?
    It seems like a cat deserving of your collection.
    If you just have one gui in your application, I would just make them public static members of Main. If you have multiple guis, it would probably be a good idea to make them private members of different classes (one for each gui). It might actually be wise to use the latter approach anyway, to improve modularity and maintainability.

edit: for the latter approach, the setup would occur in the class constructors. for the former, it would occur in the Main.main (the startup method).
    Okay, from my very limited experience, GroupLayout is the most "professional" looking layout manager. However, for your purposes, you might be able to just use a BoxLayout to create rows, and then have each row contain a FlowLayout (complex GUIs can often be created by using nested layout managers). Does that make sense?

That approach might still cause wraparound when the window gets too small, but you can fix that by setting the minimum size of the window (iirc, the syntax is "frame.setMinimumSize(new Dimension(width, height));").
    All right, could you give an example of something you'd like to do?

Also, I don't know if you're aware of this but it has very detailed documentation of everything in java. Main thing it's lacking is examples of usage, which I'd be happy to provide.
    I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't think it would be a worthwhile addition to your mod
    Bro.
    For your mod, a hack that just displays the BGM title unobtrusively in a bottom corner of the screen each time the music or map changes, perhaps with a little music note next to it or something.
    Gir said he is too lazy to do it, but I figured you'd be up to it.
    Thoughts?
    hm yeah. but
    I can't imul two dwords into a qword because of size difference.
    I can't even do something like

imul eax,cx,dx
    push eax
    mov eax,cx
    shl eax,10
    sub ecx,eax
    mov eax,dx
    shl eax,10
    sub edx,eax
    imul edx,edx,ecx
    pop eax

because of the discrepancy in sizes again.

halllllllllllllllllp.

ps: the coefficient will be constant at d578e97, which'll simplify stuff.
    pps: try to relate that to ingame constants, it is, you know.
    ppps: i dunt actually need your help on this. sometimes I just think by talking to other people.
    If I multiply a full dword by another dword, will eax:edx be enough to hold the result?
    I know, but at the time lunerSoul had posted in two different topics about someones double post and I thought it would be funny.
    I suppose I will use discretion when posting next time ;)

While I have your attention, are the coordinates for quote's hitbox different than the edges of his sprite? I've hit problems with 1 tile corridors and re-creations of the booster saving jump in the labyrinth. I assumed that if quote's sprite was
    (0, 0)
    (16, 0)
    (16, 16)
    (0, 16)
    then his hit box has to be
    (1, 1)
    (15, 1)
    (15, 16)
    (1, 16)
    ... is that true or are the real values different?
    Well I did the math and I'm pushing 100000 hours. :O
    And really I do want to hack, but I want pixel to have used a different graphics thing so I could go do awesome.
    Well, I woke up initially at about nine yesterday morning. I think I'm near thirty hours awake. The context menu is only broken in chrome and merely freezes things up for a while. Probably because I'm running the bleeding edge version.

Reeeealy I don't feel like hacking now, so that theory may never be tested.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…