cultr1
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• But I feel bad and lazy for having him do this all...
    No way I could have managed all he just now did, though, if even a fraction...
    I learned FUTURE Basic, or was it Future BASIC, as my first language, and since it was so similar to C++, I learned that easy next, and that's similiar to Java, which I'm learning now...
    The problem is that High-level languages like those are -made- to be more easy to read by us, Assembly is much closer to Machine Code, making it a lot harder to read; and I haven't learned a language like it before, so...

Don't feel bad.
    Noxid's also apparently dying to do some hacking, and so I think he just did almost all of it for me, which I've very grateful for...
    Maybe I can get the next part out soon after all...
    I actually started it as an org a bit before I decided "Screw you organya, you are only for mods!".

I wonder what I'll use all this music for.
    You get TSC fine, but you can't even begin to grasp TSC?
    You mean Assembly on the last one, right? :rolleyes:
    The only reason I can't get it is because I find the language so hard to read; but that's because it's such a low-level language...
    I learned C++ and am learning Java fine because they were so similar to the first, newbie language I was taught, Future BASIC. Got nothing on Assembly, though...
    And I just don't want my Mod to be a simple resprite and such, not that I'm saying the story and platforming are to be ignored, just had some interesting gameplay thoughts... Had some rather simple ideas and such that used Assembly, some I've done already {Like this cool gun Dooey helped me make}, but I can't figure out how to follow how people find out such complicated things with Assembly on Cave Story, I just don't know the language enough...
    And I know I can't keep bugging people for help {As in basically, do it for me}; heck, Lace still hasn't tried those new TSC commands I asked about, to the latest of my knowledge, which I tried getting a few months before I disappeared...

Also gone for the night, so don't expect a reply until tomorrow afternoon or so if you say anything more...
    Honestly, I'm not content with it, wouldn't mind going over and redoing lots of it, if not all...
    Just hate the whole Assembly thing. The one bit I have trouble with....
    Yeah, I do feel bad about how little work's been done, though there has been progress since the last release.
    Honestly, one reason I've kept away so long is to avoid anything about the mod ^.^;
    But I really won't say I've quit on it, just have to get in the mood someday when I've got spare time...
    *Shrugs*
    It sorta dead-ended because I got frustrated with being unable to do much advanced stuff on my own. I know almost three programming languages and still not enough Assembly to do anything with Cave Story by myself >.>;
    The ideas are always there in my head for whenever I decide to continue, which is always a possibility, though, but I think I've found another project that seems easier to make, while still offering lots more room than just modifying Cave Story's engine...
    But because of Christmas, I haven't done -anything- productive lately, so yeah...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…