Noxid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• I am currently working on making a treasure chest with Booster V2.0 so that I can test areas easily.
    hey, check it:
    eye1.png
    eyeh.png

took the first image from the webz and then colored it w/ magic. How must I improve?
    Eh, I mayent reactivate completely or at all, but I might visit from time to time. As I said before, I has to finish the cover art for remix 2.

Good luck
    I just now understood why you capitalized the K in your user title. Damn, I can be slow sometimes... :3

Edit: haha, and now I read our conversation and I said almost the exact same thing a few posts ago. Yeah, go me.
    O.o
    That's really impressive.
    I remember 414bf0 from something, so I'll go recheck it out.

Sweet on the title screen, I've looked at the save routine and it's godawful. Did you just put the name of the savefile in a variable?

Good stuff. I have to go to frisbee soonish, but I'll see ya around, k?
    no!
    link meh?
    do anything splendiferous w/ cs recently? I see no new kings story is out yet, which is a shame.
    how's dragonhax going?
    Oya, I'm fine, just remembered a promise I made a while back so I'm here to start finishing it.
    you?
    Yeah sure. I'll make an option so that you can bring up a file dialog (browse and choose an exe, like in CE)

I also got the defines problem fixed, so you don't need to redo your defines.txt. I'll post the new update within a day.
    EDIT: Oh yeah, if you've got any ASM instructions you use frequently that aren't supported yet, just tell me and I'll try to put them in.
    It's great that you filled out the defines. But before you begin hacking away, I must warn you about something:

#define
    PlayerX=[49E654]
    PlayerY=[49E658]
    PlayerXVel=[49E66C]
    PlayerYVel=[49E670]
    #enddefine

MOV EAX,PlayerXVel

Notice that PlayerX is a part of PlayerXVel.
    So, that means the code will turn into this:

MOV EAX,[49E654]Vel

Because the program sees "PlayerX" and replaces it without realizing there's something on the end.
    Now you have a "Vel" attached to the end of your pointer, the compiler will give you an error.

Instead, you should try to make each macro a bit more unique. So if you used PlayerXPos and PlayerYPos, this wouldn't happen.

(Actually, I'll try to fix this problem in a later update so that the defines will be mutually exclusive - the program will be able to search for the biggest strings first to avoid replacing the wrong stuff.)
    Huh. It does seem kinda spambot-ish, now that you say so. It's what I always go by on forums though. :p
    Well, I'm not, obviously.
    Okay, so you can use any keys or type of mouse inputs you want. That's pretty awesome. I was concerned that keypresses were only limited to those in the key_held / key_pressed tables (you know, the one in the Compendium)
    Christ, how did I miss that post?

Anyway, that's a pretty cool hack. Right mouse button controls Z key... left is shoot.

EDIT2: So WASD controls the player now? Is there something that prevents you from using arrow keys? Or did you just remap everything for the sake of it?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…