cultr1
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Ok I will do that when I get back to my apartment.
    Watching Spain vs. Germany in a pub now.
    Guess what I just found out?
    The Python engine comes pre-installed on Mac OS X.
    But, of course, the Python website "recommends" that you download the newest version. I'm using Python 2.6.5, so why not try this mac release of Python 2.6.5? (unless you already have that version)

And, if that doesn't work, just look at the downloads section on the Python site for newer versions.
    I'll look at the save converter and see how "intuitive" Celtic Minstrel's programs are.

I'll attempt to make mine more user friendly, no offense to CM, of course. :)

EDIT: Oh, btw, if you've used the save-converter before, does that mean you already have Python installed? Because that would be awesome.
    cultr1 said:
    On a related note,
    How hard would it be to code a TSC reader/editor for Mac?

I'll do the coding. I've made a hex editor before, so this project is actually easier. The only problem is, I'm not sure if it'll actually work on a Mac (theoretically, it should). Of course, I'll have to get you to do the testing.

(Again, theoretically, if I make the Mac TSC editor, it should also work on Linux, or any other system that supports Python. O_o)
    Done. Download it here. (contains no ASM hacks at all, starting point just <TRAs you to the correct place)

Also, this mod was made using Sue's Workshop, not CE. Opening it in CE will cause issues with the new maps, as I've tried it before. I believe it is set to 32-bit color, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be.
    Eh, sure, I'll try that.

Btw, I think I know how TSC files are encoded. I'll post the results in your thread soon.
    config.dat, for windows, saves the DoConfig settings (like fullscreen, windowed, etc).

Is there an equivalent file for the Mac? I looked in your Doukutsu.app but couldn't find much.
    Lucky star is awesome, after you finish that, I have a recommendation (That I've already told you actually).
    Well there's only ours as far as I know of.
    But then rarlen made a site that's CLEARLY NOT A BLOG OR LIKE ONE AT ALL
    And Jethawk has a blog now as well that cutter guy although neither of those are dev blogs I think..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…