Leap Day

May 12, 2016 at 11:36 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Arright yes this is another Nitrome thread. But given the last one I made was over a year ago, I'm not sure if a nonspecific Nitrome thread would be needed, just saying.

Anyways, this game here - Leap Day - is both level based and endless, in a sense. The game gives you a new level to play every day, essentially forever. Everyone plays the same level (for instance, the May 12 level will look the same for every player) and you can still get levels even when your device is offline.

IMG_1598_zpsbmznbdk2.png

The levels are pretty lengthy in themselves, with fifteen checkpoints that you can optionally activate by watching an ad or collecting in-game fruit. Some players even take it upon themselves to play the entire level without ever activating a checkpoint.

IMG_1596_zpsl31dd1ae.png

This seems to be one of the more polished Nitrome games for mobile, with an art style that is quite reminiscent of their "classic" era. Like their other mobile releases this year, it is free and available for Android and iOS.

Last edited:
May 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Downloaded it. Pretty cool and addicting. Great to kill time.

May 28, 2016 at 5:09 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Very excellent time killer. 5/5

May 11, 2019 at 10:23 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Happy third birthday, Leap Day. Three years in and still going strong. I'm equally happy as I am sad that the spike shooting snails have no sound effects, and I replayed that Mud theme for nothing. But at least the music is...still good. :p

p369847-0-d6istoiw4auzqniformatpngname360x360.png

also smooch is the best leap day character MWAH

May 12, 2019 at 5:36 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
didnt someone make a thread for leap day already

i downloaded it because of the thread from years ago