Toroko Returns: A Cave Story Fanfiction

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:47 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Okay, where do I start? Hello, my name is Zierin Nelson, and if it wasn't obvious enough, my username is Zierin705. But you can just call me Zierin. Since this is my first thread, I don't really have much to talk about. Well, except for a Cave Story fanfiction that I've been working on, called "Toroko Returns". Please keep in mind that, as of right now, my fanfiction isn't finished, so some plot elements are subject to change. But I want other people to let me know what they think about my (sort of) new fanfiction!

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:49 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But I want other people to let me know what they think about my (sort of) new fanfiction!
It'd be nice to let you know what we think if the link to the fanfiction is available :/

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:17 PM
It'd be nice to let you know what we think if the link to the fanfiction is available :/
Only problem is that I've barely even started working on my fanfiction, and since it's on my school account, I don't have access to it at the moment. Sorry! But I'll try to summarize what I currently have as of right now.

Alright, now to summarize my fanfiction!
This story takes place in an alternate timeline, where Toroko was fed a blue flower (in my fanfiction, the blue flowers cure the effects of the red flowers). And while Quote was sent to the Labyrinth, Toroko hid in the warehouse, wondering how Quote knew the blue flower's capabilities. Well, let's just save that story for another time. Fast-forward to the death of Ballos, and Toroko reunites with Sue. Meanwhile, a time traveler named Damien Marcus Maidoki (a.k.a. Zierin) and his two older brothers, Gyuko and Laikidi, try to figure out how Toroko survived (since she was supposed to have been killed). But it seems that Damien is hiding something...
Oh, and just so you know, there will be lots of Sue x Toroko, and some Quote x Misery along the way.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:59 AM
I haven't been active on this thread for a little while, and I apologize. But in that short time span that I was inactive, I've come up with some new ideas! Even though I've had some of these ideas thought out long before I made this thread.

1. In my fanfiction, there's a race of humans with demonic powers and traits. These humans are known as "Demonborns"
2. The entire Sakamoto family are demonborns. This includes Sue, although she doesn't have the full power of a demonborn. However, she does have a few powers. Oh, and Damien is also a demonborn. In fact, he's the reincarnation of a demon king! His demon name is "Karai Ak'vuul" (I'm still working on the name, so it might change somewhere down the line).
3. King and Arthur are going to make an appearance! But that doesn't mean I'm not going to tell you where, when, or how they appear. All you should know is that they're going to appear.

That's about all I have for now. See ya!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 12:46 AM
Another update!

Okay, so in Toroko Returns, Chako was a long-lost Mimiga queen who has no memory of her previous state of royalty, and Santa (the Mimiga) was formerly a high-ranking technician who worked for Queen Chako. Eventually, the Doctor came and overthrew Chako about a year or so before the events of Cave Story. Chako was badly hurt because of the Doctor, and due to a severe head injury, Santa (again, the Mimiga) took Chako to Grasstown (or Bushlands, depending on which version of Cave Story you play), where the two lived normal lives. Until the events of Toroko Returns, that is...
Also, like I mentioned, Sue and Toroko will have a... how do I put this... "relationship" with each other. And by that, I mean Toroko's madly in love with Sue and she's not afraid to show it. Sue, on the other hand, is also in love with Toroko, but she doesn't want to tell anyone. Well, except for Momorin, of course. I mentioned that there will be lots of Sue x Toroko early on in this thread. I also mentioned that there will be a little bit of Quote x Misery as well.

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:51 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
are you gonna like, write this, or just post the coles notes

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:39 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
First of all I too feel a bit weird 'bout making a thread like this for a fanfic that still has to be written, though I don't see it as a major problem or something.
But adding rules to a forum thread like this does not work. Being on topic to a thread and being nice to each other is a forum-wide thing.
But that's just my nickel, I'm not a mod around these parts and stuff.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:05 PM
Okay, thanks for letting me know that, Miccs.
Anyways, I just managed to send a copy of my fanfiction to my primary Gmail account on one of the computers at my school. Yay! But I can still only access it on the school's computers unless I somehow get a computer or other device that's compatible with Google Docs.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 7:13 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Aren't most computers compatible with Google docs? You just need web browser to use it :confused:

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:56 PM
Aren't most computers compatible with Google docs? You just need web browser to use it :confused:
Yeah, but I usually use a 3DS, and for some reason, Google Docs won't work on it. Believe me, I've tried.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 6:59 PM
Guess what? I'm making a new fanfiction about PaRappa the Rapper! It's called "PaRappa the Rapper: Life of a Half-Witch Werepup". The name is pretty self-explanatory, but basically, the premise of the story is that Parappa (or "PaRappa", depending on how you'd like to stylize his name) isn't exactly as "normal" as he appears to be. His mother and father are a witch and a weredog, respectively. Of course, that makes Parappa a half-witch werepup, hence the title of the fanfic. Parappa is trying to live with powers and instincts that are next to impossible for him to control, and on top of that, a demon named Itazura (whose name is Japanese for "mischief") has come back to haunt Parappa and his friends. Itazura's appearance is based on Parappa's appearance in a PaRappa the Rapper creepypasta called "PaRappa the Rapper: Forgotten". I'm also thinking of doing a Sonic fanfiction that satirizes the Sonic.exe creepypasta, and an Animal Crossing fanfiction that's loosely based on "Animal Crossing: Mörderspaß", a German Animal Crossing creepypasta. I know that's a lot of work to do, but I promise that I will get it all done... eventually.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:59 PM
Okay, so I noticed that I'm disobeying my own rules. But I'm not trying to be a hypocrite here, so from now on, the post with all those rules that I created will be deleted. Of course, the forum's rules will still apply, but the rules that I've created will no longer be in effect.
And by the way...
First of all I too feel a bit weird 'bout making a thread like this for a fanfic that still has to be written, though I don't see it as a major problem or something.
But adding rules to a forum thread like this does not work. Being on topic to a thread and being nice to each other is a forum-wide thing.
But that's just my nickel, I'm not a mod around these parts and stuff.
I'm still keeping this post up, but if Miccs is notified of this, then I'll let him change it if he wants to.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 7:08 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Jan 31, 2018 at 8:30 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Oh, and just so you know, there will be lots of Sue x Toroko, and some Quote x Misery along the way.
Yeah, but I usually use a 3DS, and for some reason, Google Docs won't work on it. Believe me, I've tried.
I think this gut might be trolling. Sue x Toroko? Word processor on 3ds? He's obviously trolling us.

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:40 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Feb 1, 2018 at 9:04 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"