Iji

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:17 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
it was 24-bit 48khz but changing it to 16-bit took it from "choppy" to "bullet time"
hmmm
e: turning it up didnt help either

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2017 at 10:25 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
it was 24-bit 48khz but changing it to 16-bit took it from "choppy" to "bullet time"
hmmm
Add a few extra blits and everything falls apart!

From what I understand you can probably leave it on 16-bit unless you are recording or editing audio. In that case, having the extra degrees of volume gives you better results?? (Related to clipping, using audio filters, etc? I think???)

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:27 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Add a few extra blits and everything falls apart!

From what I understand you can probably leave it on 16-bit unless you are recording or editing audio. In that case, having the extra degrees of volume gives you better results?? (Related to clipping, using audio filters, etc? I think???)
ummm bullet time means slow dude

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:31 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
ummm bullet time means slow dude
Ah. That was... unexpected. It's the same case in windowed and full screen? You could try compatibility properties or mess with the audio more... If there are any options left to try.
And I'd check the task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) to make sure CPU and memory aren't being eaten up. Wish I could help... Maybe remar would have an idea?

EDIT: Oh and I'm using the HQ audio files, perhaps try with them or without them? They are on the download page too.

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:46 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well it's using 1/3 of my CPU constantly which is ludicrous, but there should be some wiggle room. and I've got oodles of memory.
I am just using whatever audio files came with the game.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:15 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I’m using Windows 8, but trying 16 bit audio actually caused the audio not to function at all. Going to a lower setting of the default 24 bit, however, shortened the static at the start of tracks and seemed to eliminate an error that caused music not to load at all. :D

Anyway, some gameplay notes:
★Passive weapons are super rad and make pacifist playthroughs so much better! It’s more fitting both thematically and practically to not be the same as a regular run except limiting you to killing things with the reflector, and it’s excellent that some of the new additions are useful even for aggressive players (one passive makes cracking enemies and turrets easy for a reasonable cost, and I love that). Perhaps best of all, you don’t need Crack 4, and there are non-terrible reasons to increase Attack no matter what you’re using. :3
★Sector 3 is no longer a “wait for people to get out of the way” simulator, just like the bunker in 9!
★Proxima no longer has the fields on by default, which helps those wacky supercharge-seekers.
★Iosa has a neat new attack - at least I think it’s new - that makes movement during the first phase actually tough.
★Asha and Tor run so much better, holy crap! I’ve never truly fought them before, and it was really neat to see such a marked improvement.
★There are various little graphical enhancements, which are appreciated: turrets are more interesting, there’s a new ending picture for the Tasen, Iji has a little spark effect on her hand when cracking (the range on that is improved, also) and she drops her ammo and stays on the ground rather than exploding into nano, which is both more interesting and more fitting.

There’s some story enhancements, too, which I won’t completely spoil but which are worth discussing!
★I’ve experienced the new endings. One is fitting enough but also kind of silly and unimpressive, although the last ending picture at least gives a glimpse of something you otherwise couldn’t see. The other, however, is still fitting but also much more interesting and at least more bittersweet. Both of these rely on your choices, so you can always opt out, and I think that they’re nice additions.
★There are dialogue and logbook changes all over, sometimes to reflect gameplay stuff but sometimes just for improvement's sake. It characterizes Iji better at times, makes some of the parlance more natural, and is generally always appreciated. :>
Maeja x Wak Torma OTP

There’s apparently some new secrets floating around, unsurprising given it’s Daniel Remar, so it’s a great time to rediscover all of the obscure crap in Iji (rather than porting over your save file like I did to check out the major changes), especially since there’s apparently been an effort to make the secrets less cryptic for careful players. Happy hunting!