Multiplayer Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2021 at 12:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I know, Switch version support co-op game, but how to play multiplayer?

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:44 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
iirc, CuckyDev made a multiplayer Cave Story engine in Love2D. However I was not able to get it to work with my friend, and the multiplayer setup is very primitive. You will need a tool like Radmin VPN to connect you and your friend's WiFi networks together and play.
Here is the folder:
Click here to download CSE2 Online

EDIT: Alula's custom doukutsu-rs engine supports multiplayer co-op, but I think it is only local. I have not been able to get doukutsu-rs to run on my computer. It also requires a data folder from either CS+ or nxengine.
You can download it here:
Click here to go to the GitHub page

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 2:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
It also requires a data folder from either CS+ or nxengine.
what?? (you just need a freeware data folder i have no idea where Raichu got this info from, but it's wrong)

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
There was a fork of CSE2 that had online multiplayer functionality. It was at the point where it was functional, but it didn't get much development after that. In order to use it, you will need to host your own server. To do that with a computer at home, you'll need to set up port forwarding on your router. You could also rent a server using a service like Amazon's AWS or DigitalOcean, but you'll need to look into the setup/configuration process as well as the prices associated with running them. I should still have the necessary files around, if you're interested.

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I didn't even know that CSE2 multiplayer existed! (Although to be fair, I did start wondering if someone would add multiplayer to CSE2.)

I should still have the necessary files around, if you're interested.
I'd be interested in knowing how to as well, or is there a guide for CSE2 Online I don't know about because I can't find one?

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
there's a multiplayer port of netx that's... mostly functional. i'm not sure where to find it, but the jankiness makes it a lot of fun with friends

Jan 24, 2021 at 10:51 PM
what?? (you just need a freeware data folder i have no idea where Raichu got this info from, but it's wrong)
You sure?
Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 5.49.34 PM.png

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:37 PM
"Freeware game data distributed with CI builds, based on those two below."
what are you trying to say here
I don't know
My brain needs an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.