(.org pack) Kero Blaster soundtrack transcribed to Organya

Oct 17, 2020 at 2:14 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Orginal arrangement by Daisuke Amaya / Studio Pixel. Organya transcription by me.

You can freely use those songs in your mods, you don't have to credit me but it would be nice if you did.

Listen online: https://alula.github.io/keroorgs/

updates:
- v2: fixed instruments in kb_stg01a.org
- v3: total rework of every track, with lots of mistakes fixed.
- v4: added noise to kb_curtainrise.org

Special thanks to rain for his ptcop->org thing that did 90% of the job.

Attachments

• keroblaster-organya.zip
    68.9 KB · Views: 12
  • KeroOrgs-v2.zip
    68.9 KB · Views: 20
  • KeroOrgs-v3.zip
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
  • KeroOrgs-v4.zip
    73.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 2:50 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
cool

Oct 24, 2020 at 10:34 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I've only really listened to most of the stage tracks so far and I must say that it's always wonderful to see Pixel tracks made in other DAWs transcribed into ORG. So far, they sound quite close to the original, though I'm pretty sure track 1 in kb_stage01a is supposed to be wave 61, not 92 (with the exception of the opening bars maybe). Personally, I would add decays to the HiOpens and lower their volume further; they just sound a little too pronounced (and the fact that the ORG drum tails aren't as easily controllable as they are in PxTone doesn't help). At measure 27, I think there's enough steps on the grid that track 2 could do that glissando to G4 instead of holding that D3 for one beat. Even if it wouldn't be as smooth because of the portamento in the original, I think the wait time is small enough that it could at least be attempted.

That's really all I've noticed so far. I'm glad this got me to download the entire Kero Blaster soundtrack onto my newer laptop despite me purchasing it on Steam years back. That music was my study jam back in uni.

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:10 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
yeah you're right, haven't noticed it, thanks!

1603577392663.png

Also the soundtrack was made to sound good in Cave Story, problem with drums is they aren't really replacable...

Oct 25, 2020 at 1:20 AM
"Huzzah!"
Your transcriptions sound very accurate.

Oct 25, 2020 at 4:32 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Also the soundtrack was made to sound good in Cave Story, problem with drums is they aren't really replacable...
Almost as if the instruments are the exact same from the Wave100! :p It is actually possible to use the drums from Kero Blaster in Cave Story though, with the OrgKutsu hack that Noxid made a long time ago. Only thing is that you will need to make the drums be set to 22050 Hz and lower their pitch in order to make them sound normal (in OrgMaker, OrgPlayer, and Cave Story, they strangely raise the pitch for any imported custom wavs, this has been a thing for as long as it can be remembered, and is possibly a bug from Pixel's side of things).

Oct 25, 2020 at 10:11 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Right. I dunno, I think even just lowering the volume and adding a bit of volume enveloping to the HiOpens could make more of a difference. Sure, it's not going to be exact, but my issue there was more to do with how the ORG sounded on playback than matching the authenticity of their sound. That part is definitely more of my own personal taste. :p

(edit) I'm also pretty sure that in the stage 1 ORG, track 1's notes at measure 60 should be held to the end of that bar instead of cutting off on the fourth beat.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 10:38 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
bump, pushed an update with a pretty large rework of tracks