Nirk Story Demo[v0.0.4.0]

How it was yours experience with my mod?

• 10/10 Very Nice!

• 8/10 Cool

• 6/10 Interesting

• 4/10 Bad

• 2/10 Very Bad

• 0/0 HORRIBLE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 27, 2020 at 8:57 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Nirk Story -v0.0.4.0-
NirkStory!.png
Download of my mod:
=I'm still working in that mod=
-If you're playing before I finish this update, this haven't a end and still having many bugs, I just release this to substitute that old project.
-I finally come back to the project, but this upload, it's just showing what's I've done at 2 years, like the pictures that are form 2020.-
-This mod is a complete confusion of a bug between 2 mods and a huge amount of ideias, the script come from Usagi Story and some music was replaced for the other mod, but anyway, the story that doens't do any sense, like the fact that king and toroko are alive, I put so much love and time on this, that I can't hate it and I don't want to have another project that I gave up.

(This mod is been created with Cave Editor and Booster Lab.)

-v.0.0.2.0-
-Add the Sewer.
-Create the low Grasstown .

-v.0.0.2.5-
-Polish the mod in geral.

-v.0.0.3.0-
-Finish Grasstown
-Add Plantation Path and Cutscene with Rick.

-v0.0.4.0- -Recovered Project -
# Finished Things
-Restructured all Grasstown.
-Removed mostly of the English errors ( at least the ones I know ).
-I increased the size of the Sewer.

# Partially Complete
-Complete the Sand Zone.
-Complete the Labyrinth.
-Remove all bugs and remove all the old story dialogues and the Usagi Story.
-Fix the songs bugs, like what happened to Mischevious Robot.

# More Things
-Add a definitive end for this version.
-Create the Cemetery Zone.

=ScreenShots=
Camada 1.pngimage.psd.png
image.psd (2).pngimage.psd (1).png
Novo Projeto.pngNovo Projeto (1).png

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 9:42 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hmm, well, the weapon image looks pretty neat, I guess. Did you make it?

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:45 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Jun 28, 2020 at 5:17 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Can you package the folder as a zip? At the moment all the files have to be downloaded separately.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:19 PM
Jun 28, 2020 at 11:49 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Okay, for a first mod its alright, but there's some flaws you should probably fix.
1. Profile.dat files arent deleted (i accidentally hit load when i first played)
2. PLEASE do not set it as fullscreen by default!
3. When you go to the Energy Room, it teleports you to the wrong coordinates and you get stuck in a wall (i had to edit the TSC to teleport you to the right place)
4. in the King/Toroko dialogue there is some parts of text that go off the message box
5. the Save Point in Mimiga Village has a different tileset which makes it so I can't save

Basically you should playtest your mod more. Test everything to make sure it works! That's how you can avoid some of these issues.

EDIT: You also should probably avoid borrowing a lot of dialogue from Usagi Story because I recognize a LOT of dialogue borrowed from it

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 12:39 AM
"Huzzah!"
EDIT: You also should probably avoid borrowing a lot of dialogue from Usagi Story because I recognize a LOT of dialogue borrowed from it

hm, yeah. as the creator of usagi story i definitely don't feel great with you using my mod's dialogue. don't get me wrong, it's nice you were inspired by it, but you've never asked permission or even talked to me at all afaik, so...

i'm wondering if you just modified usagi story instead of starting with a fresh copy of CS, looking through the scripts in Booster's Lab it seems that way. i literally just started playing 5 minutes ago so i'm not sure how long it is, but if you're not that far into development, i think it would be best for you to copy over what you've done to a new, non-modified version, or at least replace the scripts? i'm sorry if that sounds mean, but having all the unique dialogue and stuff be your own is better in the long run

edit: ok yeah you used usagi story as a base, the casts.bmp file still has my friends' OCs and my sona... could you at least replace that, please?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 12:54 AM
hm, yeah. as the creator of usagi story i definitely don't feel great with you using my mod's dialogue. don't get me wrong, it's nice you were inspired by it, but you've never asked permission or even talked to me at all afaik, so...

i'm wondering if you just modified usagi story instead of starting with a fresh copy of CS, looking through the scripts in Booster's Lab it seems that way. i literally just started playing 5 minutes ago so i'm not sure how long it is, but if you're not that far into development, i think it would be best for you to copy over what you've done to a new, non-modified version, or at least replace the scripts? i'm sorry if that sounds mean, but having all the unique dialogue and stuff be your own is better in the long run
I decided create a new mod for Cave Story, how I don't know use BMP files (Before), I use Viantastic Story to read the files BMP and during the copying the VS, I accidentally
make with Usagi Story, but I just realized after, because this have music of Viantastic Story and files and script of Usagi Story

Anyway, Sorry for this.

Okay, for a first mod its alright, but there's some flaws you should probably fix.
1. Profile.dat files arent deleted (i accidentally hit load when i first played)
2. PLEASE do not set it as fullscreen by default!
3. When you go to the Energy Room, it teleports you to the wrong coordinates and you get stuck in a wall (i had to edit the TSC to teleport you to the right place)
4. in the King/Toroko dialogue there is some parts of text that go off the message box
5. the Save Point in Mimiga Village has a different tileset which makes it so I can't save

Basically you should playtest your mod more. Test everything to make sure it works! That's how you can avoid some of these issues.

Nirk Story v0.0.2.1 is here

I alredy fix, thanks for warn this erros for me

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 4:32 PM
edit: ok yeah you used usagi story as a base, the casts.bmp file still has my friends' OCs and my sona... could you at least replace that, please?
Then I finish the v0.0.3.0 I will remake, but how I'm in a stage very complex I no can remake all the mod, sorry, but the things usable go be my things

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:20 PM
Finally I finish the v0.0.3.0.

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:14 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Persistent are we... very well.

ALSO COOL MOD i liked it

oh i responded in the wrong thread

Last edited: