Under Story

Jun 19, 2020 at 10:46 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
View attachment 6887
click on this and select 'ArmsItem.tsc' in the window that pops up, all inventory text (weapon and item names/description) is in there.
names and descriptions are stored in different sections within the file, so just scroll down till you find what you want to edit
thanks. much appreciated.

Can anyone give me ideas on what weapons I should replace?
Cave Story is full of ranged weapons, literally all of them are either guns, or throwable swords.
In terms of Undertale, every weapon is melee, even the Empty Gun.
If anyone has ideas, please say so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 20, 2020 at 12:32 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There's only one melee weapon ASM hack that's been documented, and obviously, it's a weapon made to replace the Blade weapon (be it for Toy Knife, Worn Dagger, or Real Knife). But even that becomes a ranged weapon on Level 3, akin to something like the Master Sword. You can get the hack from this thread.

Tbh, there isn't really anything that can be done to accommodate the other weapons from Undertale, you may have to improvise for their abilities.

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:35 AM
"Huzzah!"
you could reskin the blade to be the worn dagger and have asriel replace king's ghost :thinking:

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:53 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
There's only one melee weapon ASM hack that's been documented, and obviously, it's a weapon made to replace the Blade weapon (be it for Toy Knife, Worn Dagger, or Real Knife). But even that becomes a ranged weapon on Level 3, akin to something like the Master Sword. You can get the hack from this thread.

Tbh, there isn't really anything that can be done to accommodate the other weapons from Undertale, you may have to improvise for their abilities.
you could reskin the blade to be the worn dagger and have asriel replace king's ghost :thinking:
I've got all the weapons done, except for the Missile Launcher and Spur. I just don't know what to replace them with, especially since the others are all taken.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 10:38 PM
I've got all the weapons done, except for the Missile Launcher and Spur. I just don't know what to replace them with, especially since the others are all taken.
I think I'm gonna leave them as they are.

V 1.1 is out!
Changes:
Added new weapons from Undertale.
Fixed some text errors.
Added a secret meme at the end of the Sans (Ballos) fight. Well, not really secret. Message here if you find it.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 3:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
V 0.1 Crashed on me.

Jun 21, 2020 at 5:02 PM

Attachments

• UnderStory 0.1.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Aug 1, 2020 at 10:59 PM
V 1.3 is out!

Changes:
-Added Custom ORGs to the game. They have the original songs, just with leitmotifs from Undertale, kinda like SiIvaGunner.
-Some text fixes.

Attachments

• UnderStory 1.2.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited: