Dec 3, 2019 at 8:55 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Does the mod have a credits.txt file or is it mentioned anywhere in the mod?
No, also not in the "Jenn's Edition" of the mod.

I have an ORG of Dark Castle from Kirby's Dream Land 2, but I don't know who ported it to ORG, does anybody know so I can give credits?
(This music was used on the final area of Story Off The Rails)
Nevermind, I solved the problem.

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:31 PM
"Huzzah!"
I don't know if this is legal since this thread is now abandoned, but uh, it definitely has to do with Modding so, yeah.
I'd like to use Clownacy's MOD Loader just to utilize the feature of being able to add OGG music to a MOD, but I'm not sure what to do.
I know there is a guide on the Modding Wiki, but I found it quite complicated and to be honest I'm not even sure I downloaded the right file.

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:49 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
how do i use floating points in assembly

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 5:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
...Here we go again.
Sorry to bother you again but I'm facing a double trouble this time:
The first issue is not prominent, but whenever I open my MOD's folder, these appear:
weird 2.PNG
It happens every time I open the game and I don't know what they are...I know that they appear because of something I did with Booster's Lab, though.
In other words, I am an idiot.
The second issue is definitely more important and it has to do with the EQ+ command in BL.
Basically, this happens: I just don't understand why so many items are equipped at the same time, it's really weird and I don't think it used to be like this.

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
...Here we go again.
Sorry to bother you again but I'm facing a double trouble this time:
The first issue is not prominent, but whenever I open my MOD's folder, these appear: It happens every time I open the game and I don't know what they are...I know that they appear because of something I did with Booster's Lab, though.
In other words, I am an idiot.
window.rect is when you window Cave Story
I don't know what [mod name].exe.blbkp / [mod name].blbkp means, it happens to me when the game has a error though

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:55 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
window.rect is when you window Cave Story
I don't know what [mod name].exe.blbkp / [mod name].blbkp means, it happens to me when the game has a error though
The .blbkp file ONLY shows up when you edit your mod with Booster's Lab v510, it's a backup file pretty much. If it's an annoyance, you can just use v500 instead.

Feb 16, 2020 at 9:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
Oh, Ok. So, that's that. I thought it was annoying because I didn't know what it was.
Also, to my understanding, you seem to like v500 more than the latest version, Serri.
I don't get it, v510 has bugfixes and life improvements such as whenever I click on 'Load Last' it asks me if I want to save first.(I don't know if v500 does it too, but the version I was using a couple of months ago didn't.)

Feb 16, 2020 at 10:15 AM
War criminal
Funnily enough, while v510 does fix some bugs that v500 had, it also holds bugs the prior version didn't have. Like first off, in v510, you're not allowed to delete every vanilla map and create new ones. That can actually crash and corrupt the executable file. And that bug HAS been reported to Leo40Story when it was in development a full year before it became an official update by Noxid. No fixes were made at all. While I understand that performing an action like this is a more advanced technique if you wish to optimize your mod or to just start completely from scratch, neither earlier version of Booster's Lab or even Cave Editor would corrupt your game and make it unreadable through performing that action.

There is also an incompatibility issue within v510 if you're using Windows 7 (take this with a grain of salt, as it shouldn't be an issue now considering W7 is now made obsolete by Microsoft), and you decide to look at the built in tutorial guides, they will not be read due to an "error" in how the files are being read. This issue was reported to Noxid not once, but twice, no bugfixes were done.

If you care about the basic functions (map editors, TSC editor, Hackinator, CSE2 modding), v500 and v510 are identical to each other. If you wanna mod CS+ and CSE2, then v510 is definitely your best option. If you'd just rather double click instead of pressing the i key for dropping entities into the map editor, for memes and nostalgia's sakes, definitely go for v430. If you wanna smoke weed every day, go for v420. But when it comes to which version is the most stable one to use, I'd definitely recommend v500 over v510.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 11:13 AM
"Huzzah!"
Version 420 exists, huh? I think I'll give it a go...

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:59 PM
War criminal
Oh, one thing I forgot to say. If you wish to use an older version of Booster's Lab that has a working Hackinator, v414 is the earliest you can go. Versions before that CAN read the xml files (tested with v330 and v251), but do not function due to lack of implementation.

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:10 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
dude no kidding, one time when i was small my bro and I unknowingly downloaded booster's lab v420 and when it turned into weed we were so confused

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:55 AM
"Huzzah!"
I have a pretty big problem, though it's very simple:
Capture.PNG
this is my problem, (ok pretend I moved it over right 1 block) how could this be a problem? Well, it doesn't work, the H/V doesn't no matter where I put it, it ignores my event (which works with "Run on contact" nothing entities) any ideas?

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:58 AM
War criminal
Don't H/V triggers need to work outside of solid tiles? (Even if you move it right?)

You did assign an event to it, right? And if it's supposed to move up and down, did you set it to "Spawn on Alt Direction"?

Feb 21, 2020 at 5:01 AM
War criminal
Actually, another question that I should've asked earlier, is there a TSC event already running before you run across it?

Edit: you may need to show me the entity flags and the script for it.

Feb 21, 2020 at 1:03 PM
"Huzzah!"
Actually, another question that I should've asked earlier, is there a TSC event already running before you run across it?

Edit: you may need to show me the entity flags and the script for it.
nope, and it works now, thank you!