Nov 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
1. The original gun editing XMLs don't have the bullet caps in them, but I think EnlightenedOne's XMLs do.
2. Yes, but you'd have to program them to do that in assembly (which would be a matter of copying a poultry amount of code and doing some optimisation), but you would probably need a byte to store the recharge counter in, which if you don't have a really long Machine Gun or Bubbler recharge time should be a matter of modifying their counters to use bytes instead of words and using the spare space.
Thanks zxin.

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:21 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
How do I put an effect on an NPC?

I want to put the "ZzZ" effect on the press, when it wakes up (fall) the effect goes away, and when it falls asleep (land on the ground) the effect comes back,
so how do I do it?

Also, a little thing, does Booster Lab Change the <TRA area numbers automatically when you delete a map? I noticed it but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 11:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
what is the <EQ+ for the Booster v0.8?

Nov 22, 2019 at 2:54 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So I've got a problem. Instead of the normal intro scene, I get taken to the Outer Wall. I press X which takes me to the Title Screen and I press New Game. It then brings up the following Dialogue: "With the shield up, I can't get to No.00's room. I think one of those terminals ought to be able to lower the shield..." After that, it takes me to a blue screen where I can't do anything but drown. I try again and it does the same thing.

How do I correct this?

Nov 22, 2019 at 3:28 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What circumstances did you have to do in order to get something like this?

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:01 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What circumstances did you have to do in order to get something like this?

That's the thing, I'm not sure. Maybe it happened because of the alterations I made to create the custom levels, or maybe it's a script thing? In either case, I will need to get that problem dealt with.

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:49 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Did you remove any maps or change the intro script?

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:55 PM
Did you remove any maps or change the intro script?
Yeah, I did change the intro script. Is that going to be a problem?

Nov 22, 2019 at 6:21 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
That dephends on what you did

Nov 22, 2019 at 6:31 PM
That dephends on what you did

I know that at some point, that my original code had disappeared and I had to rewrite it. As far as I know, I didn't remove any maps though I did move them around. I doubt this problem is fatal, it's just a matter of figuring out the root cause.

Nov 22, 2019 at 7:41 PM
War criminal
I know that at some point, that my original code had disappeared and I had to rewrite it. As far as I know, I didn't remove any maps though I did move them around. I doubt this problem is fatal, it's just a matter of figuring out the root cause.
Can you show us the TSC scripts you modified, as well as the settings for the Intro_Cutscene hack in the Hackinator?

Nov 23, 2019 at 10:43 AM
Can you show us the TSC scripts you modified, as well as the settings for the Intro_Cutscene hack in the Hackinator?
p371705-0-3b24xlx.png

So this is the script for the intro cutscene. I've haven't touched this because it's not my main priority at the moment.
p371705-1-xvjiuld.png

This is the code for the Hub level, which I also put into the other 3 levels. This replaced the original code which ended up deleted.

No, I don't have the Intro Cutscene hack in the Hackinator (is it part of Booster's Lab?). Would installing it solve the problem?

Nov 23, 2019 at 2:13 PM
War criminal
It's part of Booster's Lab v510, but if you're using v500, you can just import the "hacks" folder from the newer directory. (v510 is unstable compared to v500, so stealing its hacks folder is the next best thing to do)

PS - please fix those 3 digit event numbers to 4 digits. #200 does not mean the same as #0200 in TSC.

Nov 23, 2019 at 2:55 PM
It's part of Booster's Lab v510, but if you're using v500, you can just import the "hacks" folder from the newer directory. (v510 is unstable compared to v500, so stealing its hacks folder is the next best thing to do)

PS - please fix those 3 digit event numbers to 4 digits. #200 does not mean the same as #0200 in TSC.

I've fixed the event numbers, Serri. Now it appears that I'll need to import the Hacks folder from v510 because I've been using only v500. Wait, would doing that require me to download Booster's Lab v510 as well, or do I only need v500?

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:47 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Now it appears that I'll need to import the Hacks folder from v510 because I've been using only v500. Wait, would doing that require me to download Booster's Lab v510 as well, or do I only need v500?
You just download v5.1.0, copy the contents from it's hacks folder to your current version's hack folder and done.
v4.3.0 could probably use v5.1.0 hacks no problem.

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:01 PM
You just download v5.1.0, copy the contents from it's hacks folder to your current version's hack folder and done.
I've done it. The intro cutscene settings are untouched. Now to figure out how to move this forward.

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:44 PM
War criminal
At least v430, since that's the launch of the Hackinator. The hacks can be read by older versions (tested with v330 and v251), but won't be applied due to lack of functionality.

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:55 AM
I've done it. The intro cutscene settings are untouched. Now to figure out how to move this forward.
Can't believe that I forgot about this. I'll get this updated, considering it's incorrect.
p371711-0-kdye6ay.png

Nov 24, 2019 at 12:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
Here we go again.
Hey guys, wanna play a game of "Spot Quote"?
Spot the Quote.PNG
So I've always thought that if you put a block on top of the glitchy ceiling slope you could prevent it from doing this but apparently I was wrong all along(?)
Well, all I'm asking is: is there a way to use the ceiling slope without getting Quote stuck in it?
That would be quite useful.