Sep 25, 2019 at 4:01 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm afraid I didn't understand how to make the tileset image larger; do I do this with BL or with another program?

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:29 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
You can do it with most image editors.
I'd recommend something where you can actually insert a size somewhere instead of having to drag it.

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:32 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Just don't forget to configure the tileset in the level editor to determine their types in BL (right click on the tiles for the tile menu to show up) once you're finished adding the new ones in!

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:21 PM
"Huzzah!"
You can do it with most image editors.
I'd recommend something where you can actually insert a size somewhere instead of having to drag it.
Kk, just done that.

Just don't forget to configure the tileset in the level editor to determine their types in BL (right click on the tiles for the tile menu to show up) once you're finished adding the new ones in!
I'll keep that in mind!

It's possible to legitimately remove levels, as long as you're willing to go through some assembly hassle. Also no, I'm not making a hack for this out of the blue unless you pay me.
Please tell me, I'm willing to learn to do some basic ASM things!

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:47 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm having trouble getting Clownacy's alternate music running. I followed all the steps but its not playing any song past the first. I'm using Pxtone files, is there a special procedure for them?

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:17 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm having trouble getting Clownacy's alternate music running. I followed all the steps but its not playing any song past the first. I'm using Pxtone files, is there a special procedure for them?

If your talking about trying to replace music, you need to change it to the same name as the org music your trying to replace, EXACTLY, in all caps,
then use this version of resource hacker and replace, then SAVE saving is very important

Attachments

• resource_hacker.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
Sep 28, 2019 at 7:27 PM
War criminal
If your talking about trying to replace music, you need to change it to the same name as the org music your trying to replace, EXACTLY, in all caps,
then use this version of resource hacker and replace, then SAVE saving is very important
That is um... not how you do it.

*cue Dreamscape*
This is from looking off the folder used for Video Game Deluxe. You first off need to configure the settings file in the alternate_music folder for the mod to know which playlist folder the music is in (I suggest using Notepad++ for the configuration settings file, not regular Notepad).
p371105-0-aucral.png

p371105-1-3mi5rh.png

Then open up the new playlist and include a folder for pxtone (this one uses ogg, but this applies for midi, mp3, flac, wav, and pxtone) and a text file called "playlist".
p371105-2-tms0ut.png

Open up the text file and that is where you'll plug in the song names within their folder. The file names do NOT have to match the ones used in Vanilla. (Note: pxtone does not require the loop and split conditions)
p371105-3-ic77f0.png

Then all you need to do is include the song files in the pxtone folder and it should be all set!
p371105-4-8cyewy.png

Sep 28, 2019 at 7:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
Oh, I was assuming replacing music, made with org, I didn't exactly know what they were talking about, oops

Sep 28, 2019 at 9:55 PM
War criminal
Are you using the latest version? Cuz I know that allows pxtone support. It'd probably help too, if you sent the mod with the mod loader in use as well, to check for other issues.

Sep 29, 2019 at 3:00 AM
"Huzzah!"
Capture.PNG
Im starting to see a pattern

and about that, uh, is there any way to increase the max intro screen time limit???

Sep 29, 2019 at 4:30 AM
War criminal
and about that, uh, is there any way to increase the max intro screen time limit???
It should be in the intro_cutscene hack over in the Hackinator. The default in vanilla is 500 ticks.

Sep 29, 2019 at 5:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Upon closer inspection, my problem seems to be this:

Loading mod 'alternate_music'...
DLL loaded at 0x65A80000
Mod has settings file!
Setting name: 'playlist'
Setting value: 'MF'
Setting name: 'preload_songs'
Setting value: 'False'
Setting name: 'predecode_songs'
Setting name: 'fade_in_previous_song'
Setting name: 'pause_when_focus_lost'
Setting value: 'true'
Setting name: 'volume'
Setting value: '100'
Mod's debug output:
playlist.txt: song 'Pxtone/MM3Top.ptcop'
End of mod's debug output

Done loading mod

Dispite the fact that my playlist looks like this:
Pxtone/MM3Title.ptcop
Pxtone/MM3Top.ptcop,
Pxtone/MM9S.ptcop,
Pxtone/MM10Sol.ptcop,
Pxtone/NG1-42.ptcop,
Pxtone/NG2-22.ptcop,
Pxtone/Ng3-42.ptcop
Pxtone/P4Boss.ptcop
Pxtone/P5Boss.ptcop
Pxtone/CW.ptcop
Pxtone/GE007C.ptcop
Pxtone/GGDiz.ptcop
Pxtone/MM3Title.ptcop

Wow, simply deleting the playlist file and replacing it with an identical file fixed it. Thanks for the help anyways.

And now the sisters are bugged and won't deal any damage, great.

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:58 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ok, you already know why I'm here so let's get to the point shall we?
This time the problem I'm having is actually kinda interesting. So are you familiar with the buyo buyos?
Buyo Buyo.PNG
Well, every time I start the game(it doesn't matter where I place them) they immediately die dropping experience or whatever and because of this they're pretty much useless.
By any chance do you know what's going on?