favorite song Of The Ost

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:24 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Scorching Back yet. Quite the impactful song, considering the context it is played in.
Living Waterway and Plant are great too, definitely the types of melody you can listen to in a loop for a long time and not get bored.
Personally, I never found those songs to be anything special compared to some of the more talked about ones. The main reason that Scorching Back sticks with me is, like you said, because the context in which it's played is impactful. It's not like it's not a good song, it's just in my opinion not amazing like Last Battle, Eyes of Flame, Mischevious Robot, or Hero's End. Plant and Living Waterway are okay, but in my opinion not as impactful or as memorable as other songs in the game.

Apr 28, 2019 at 3:55 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Scorching Back, easily. I also really love Last Cave and Geothermal. I also kinda like Quiet and Pulse.

May 31, 2019 at 7:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
For the Wiiware soundtrack (my personal favorite) I'd say Scorching Back, but Eyes of Fire, Mimiga Village, Last Cave and Pulse are all great as well
For the original soundtrack it's split between Scorching Back and Moonsong. Cave Story is good too

Jun 1, 2019 at 9:49 AM
"Huzzah!"
my fav's probably a tie between plant, running hell, and moonsong. plant imo is super underrated (justifiably since it plays in an area you don't even need to visit to progress), it just feels really nice and peaceful.

also white and toroko's theme! they both make me sad.

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Jun 2, 2019 at 9:44 AM
"Huzzah!"
still wonder why it has its own soundtrack

Could be it was gonna be more important plot-wise at some point, since the beast fang's hidden there.

Jun 2, 2019 at 5:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
For the Wiiware soundtrack (my personal favorite) I'd say Scorching Back, but Eyes of Fire, Mimiga Village, Last Cave and Pulse are all great as well
For the original soundtrack it's split between Scorching Back and Moonsong. Cave Story is good too
These are all good choices... imo.

How about dat SANDZONE, THO?

Jul 21, 2019 at 9:54 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
For me 60% of how good is the OST is determined by how it's used. That's why I like Ace Attorney soundtrack so much despite it being pretty repetitive. So you will often find that the most emotional tracks are my favourite. That's why my favourite song is Hero's End. It's just awakens some nostalgic feeling inside me, which I hardly can describe. I think Ib had similar tunes, maybe? I also like Quiet a lot, but more because it has the least noise from all the songs. The simplest I like is Seal Chamber. It just gets the feel. Honorable mentions are: Gravity, Running hell and all the wandering themes.
Really, the only song I hate is white. It's undertone is so out of place and weird.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 4:34 PM
"Huzzah!"
The Way Home hands down, this song is the Final Song of Cave Story, I usually think about the ending when I play it, it feels nostalgic, its great and it also sounds the best in my opinion! Running Hell is also amazing! Its so good I usually can forget its on, and Moonsong. this song is a nice calm melody, I prefer the Free Ware version because the other ones make it sounds more dramatic and not retro. Finally Pulse it plays 2 separate times in the game, and they are placed perfectly, its a nice sad melody that was my favorite, but is my 4th

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:45 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Pulse, Last Battle, and Moonsong easy for me. The Way Back Home and Running Hell are close runner-ups.