Best weapons and worst weapons

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:39 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Just wondering, is there any run where you want the snake? For speed runs you want the machine gun to propel you upward, and for power you want the spur. You also give up the fireball which can be useful even in late game. That why the snake is at the bottom of my list.
I sometimes take it because I actually like the snake more than the spur. The snake actually gets used in hell speedruns too, mostly because you can use it to shoot the deleets before you can get to them which saves some seconds of the clock. And dps isn't really that important in that case anymore when you have the nemesis and super missile launcher.
One benefit to me also over the spur is that it feels nicer to use than the machine gun or spur. But I say this because the machine gun defenitely feels weaker while the spur needs to be charged. The Snake can just be used without charging or ammo and the wavy pattern technically has a wider reach (and is imo prettier to watch :p).

Guess you could say snake is on top for me. But this must be a very unpopular opinion huh

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 10:17 PM
YoshiPilot Online
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The snake actually gets used in hell speedruns too, mostly because you can use it to shoot the deleets before you can get to them which saves some seconds of the clock. And dps isn't really that important in that case anymore when you have the nemesis and super missile launcher.
Huh. I've never really considered this, which is strange, as I pride myself in my low Sacred Grounds time. I'll have to do a snake run, then maybe my list will be different.

Sep 26, 2018 at 1:12 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The more annoying thing about using the snake in hell is that you gotta level it up.

Sep 29, 2018 at 4:54 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Best weapon? The Nemesis.
Worst weapon? The Nemesis.

Sep 29, 2018 at 2:08 PM
Perfectly balanced.

Oct 1, 2018 at 7:51 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Best weapon? The Nemesis.
Worst weapon? The Nemesis.
You can have Lightning, you can have Ducks, yet you can't have both of them without chips or pain.
(Wow. Now I sound like a hippy)

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:07 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
You can have Lightning, you can have Ducks, yet you can't have both of them without chips or pain.
(Wow. Now I sound like a hippy)
whats the middle nemesis thing supposed to be?

a mini lightning?

because they're not all lightning unless duck lightning is a thing

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:15 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
...oh. I don't respect LV2 Nemesis at all. I forgot about it.
Definitely Mini-Lightning.

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:06 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I really don’t get the hate for level 3 Bubbler. It’s weak, but a perfect spam for when the Blade gets downgraded. It’s just nice throwing it up to mow down early game areas and then the Labrinyth is just full of good uses when I eventually take a hit with the blade.

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:50 AM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Bubbler is an interesting weapon, for sure. It's pretty unique in how it functions, especially at Level 3.

Most people may rank it way lower than justifiable, even though it provides some unique tactical advantages.
Looking into the numbers, Bubbler seems weaker than Polar Star: projectiles are slower and travel less at Level 1, highly inaccurate and still slower at Level 2, and have less damage than Polar Star at Level 3.
This is "remedied" by the unique properties of its bullets: they form a projectile shield when holding X down and they have the widest range than anything else, so sniping enemies from afar is possible. Unleashing a cloud of bullets is pretty satisfying when it kills everything in front of you, too.
The problem is: 1) Holding X down doesn't exactly allow you to attack; sure, the earliest bullet "releases" upon reaching its bullet limit, but at that point it has moved away from Quote so far than it's more likely that you will miss or hit a different enemy who you probably didn't want to provoke. That's especially seen when you're trying to move and/or dodge. So, you either keep the shield or switch to a different weapon (because Bubbler Level 3's DPS is arguably the lowest after Nemesis Level 3).
2) It stores way less EXP than other weapons. Yes, it means that you can upgrade it easier, but it also downgrades easier. At Level 3, taking more than 5 damage is enough to get it downgraded and leave you with a weaker Level 2 Polar Star.

So, yes, theoretically, it's tactically better than most early game weapons, but it suffers in practice. Moreover, it only has some time to shine in Sand Zone and perhaps Grasstown before you get the Blade.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 11:04 AM
YoshiPilot Online
The bubbler is the best weapon in a 3hp run, as it creates a shield that protects against projectiles.

Nov 8, 2018 at 3:41 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Gotta agree. Even without 3hp, the Bubbler is one of my favorites. I love unleashing the hoarde of the Mini-Misery gun.

Tactics:
If you want instant damage, just press X. You'll shoot a shot.
If you hold down X, even with a different gun, the shield will remain, until you shoot. (at least that's how I remember it)
Don't get hit.
Spam the shots until you run out of ammo. Then switch to Polar Star or Blade. When you have some rest, hold the Bubbler to recharge.

Nov 10, 2018 at 6:39 AM
I always thought of it as a shotgun

Nov 10, 2018 at 1:20 PM
YoshiPilot Online
Dec 28, 2018 at 10:28 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Tier S:
- Spur
- Super Missile Launcher
. Blade (Lv. 2)
Tier: A:
- Blade (Lv. 3)
- Machine Gun
- Polar Star
- Fireball
Tier: B
- Bubbler
- Nemesis
- Missile Launcher
Tier: C
- Snake

Spur: Literally, why not have a super-wide range almost-piercing laser to kill everything?
Super Missile Launcher: Even with his limited ammo, makes great difference aganist Ballos (final form)
Blade (Lv.2): The terror of all the bosses... If you know how to spam, any boss wont last nothing... (I did -128 many times aganist Monster X before that green thing hit me, I think that at some run, he took -204)

Blade (Lv.3): Great if you want to clean the screen at some weak foes (works well with Misery's summon's at Undead Core)
Machine Gun: I BELIEVE I CAN FLY (that aside, top mobility and great at Sacred Grounds (B3 specifically)
Polar Star: The classics can't die, right?
Fireball: Interesting shoot style... Omega (Sand Zone) true weakness if fast spam is known.

Bubbler: Weak at Lv. 1... Decent at Lv. 2... Enemy wipe-out at Lv. 3
Nemesis: Sacred Grounds (B3) it's hard, but a shoot that can pierce the enemy is always welcome to my weaponary.
Missile Launcher: Eh, it's ok, but I never used it that much really, maybe to add some damage here and there...

Snake: A shot that can pass trough walls? NEAT. Those foes that are at Last Cave (Hidden) are doomed.

Dec 29, 2018 at 1:00 AM
hey the snake is pretty good

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:58 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
10 / 10 on the spoiler, just gotta say.

Jan 7, 2019 at 7:31 PM
you can use the bubbline as a shield of some sort

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:16 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
you can use the bubbler as a shield of some sort

when it has infinite ammo it's like a shield that also shoots out little blasts
which is cool except if you run too fast into a pile of monsters and your shield breaks