Cave Story Beta Drum PXT files

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:46 AM
"Huzzah!"
I have been trying to make a mod of cave story that has the beta drums in it people say that you can just open doukutsu.exe and find all the drums in the wave folder but when you actually look in there the only file that's in the wave folder is wave100.dat
the drums are in the pxt format.
So does anyone have pxt's of the beta drums?

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:51 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The beta drums are actually wave samples, not pxt files. You'd need to follow the instructions in this thread if you wanna drop the beta drums in Cave Story

Oct 7, 2018 at 2:42 AM
"Huzzah!"
The beta drums are actually wave samples, not pxt files. You'd need to follow the instructions in this thread if you wanna drop the beta drums in Cave Story
I installed orgkutsu and the beta drums are not being used!

Oct 7, 2018 at 4:00 AM
War criminal
You need to install the beta drum sounds in your mod (and in Org Maker (v210 is recommended)) with Resource Hacker, too. You can extract said beta drums with Resource Hacker from the beta OrgPlayers in this download, too http://doukutsu.rdy.jp/stored/OrgView.zip

Jan 25, 2019 at 5:28 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks! Here is a copy of cave story with the beta drums. Download
Your download link is broken.

Sorry to bump this thread again, but can you fix the link, because i tried applying noxoids org thing for cave story, but it didn't work. I think I need python, which I don't know how to use, or have the room on my computer for. So re-uploading the file will be much appreciated, thanks.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:08 PM
"Huzzah!"
Sorry to bump this thread again, but can you fix the link, because i tried applying noxoids org thing for cave story, but it didn't work. I think I need python, which I don't know how to use, or have the room on my computer for. So re-uploading the file will be much appreciated, thanks.
//doukutsu.rdy.jp/stored/up2129.rar

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:10 AM
War criminal
Do you have Booster's Lab installed (it requires Java instead of Python)? You can just put the hex files in through the Hex Patcher in the program, then you just need to use the other program to make sure it works with the instruments in the folder.