Scootch Plays Cave Story!

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:18 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Note: I will be update this thread with every new video I make. :)

Hey, everyone! :) Just wanted to share the first episode of my Cave Story let's play that I just started! Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 10:14 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Thanks for sharing this with us! The audio quality was high, and I really liked your enthusiasm. This is also convenient for seeing what the switch version is like.

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you so much! :D

Aug 28, 2018 at 11:26 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
If you mind i'm gonna a little critiques of you're video, not to be mean!
just so you can improves and makes better stuff later.(believes it or not but my brothers critique my old video and without him I would still be silent for 10 minutes on a gameplay of 11 minutes (true story))
So to start off the beginnings messages, I think it's a really good idea to shut up on the studio pixel cutscene, it make a calming moment for the viewer then someone yelling : YO EVERYONE MISTER.HEX HERE!!!
and for the quotes that gonna make either famous or recognizable :
Hello my fellow dragons !Scootch here and welcome to [INSERT GAME NAME HERE]
Perfect.Recognizable, done
Oh and really good way to show that the game is awesome :3 but don't do too much it can distant the viewer which can be a bad thing.
Now for the gameplay part, I like the ideas of telling facts about the games while playing it, it makes you different from the others(and what I mean by that is that you're not just another guy yelling at a game(which can be funny before it became too popular...))
Oh and by the way, you can make a big games without the help of anybody, just sayin~
The end is fine, you explain what you're gonna do next episode and do the likes and subscribe(which is sadly important)
and the outro iiiiiiiiiiiisssss...
WHAT THE SONG???
Other then that, great start *subscribe*.

Aug 28, 2018 at 11:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you so much for the advice! I love getting advice and being critiqued as it helps make my videos better. :)

What did you mean by "WHAT THE SONG???"? I put the link to the song in the description.

Aug 29, 2018 at 12:17 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Thank you so much for the advice! I love getting advice and being critiqued as it helps make my videos better. :)

What did you mean by "WHAT THE SONG???"? I put the link to the song in the description.
Thanks ! No prob

Sry didn’t see

Aug 29, 2018 at 12:35 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh okay, it's fine! :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:48 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
make a calming moment for the viewer then someone yelling : YO EVERYONE MISTER.HEX HERE!!!
and for the quotes that gonna make either famous or recognizable :
Hello my fellow dragons !Scootch here and welcome to [INSERT GAME NAME HERE]
Perfect.Recognizable, done
Oh and really good way to show that the game is awesome :3 but don't do too much it can distant the viewer which can be a bad thing.
To be honest I personally dislike the kinda people that have the strange need to yell their name loudly at the beginning of a video.

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:59 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I mean I don't tell my name I just say it enthusiastically.

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:45 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I agree with Scootch. For one, he wasn't really yelling, and even if he spoke in a somewhat raised voice, it wasn't really in a way that I would consider annoying or over-the-top. Introducing yourself at the beginning of a let's-play the way he did it is fine.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:37 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I know that this is off-topic, but I would like to add that Scooch's second Cave Story video is online, so that he doesn't have to. I was uploading a video myself, and I get the notifications for him so I saw it in the first couple of minutes of it being released. I like the second one even better than the first one, although my personal opinion is not to tell the viewers spoilers about the game, but it was still amazing.

Link:

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:39 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hmm, okay, thanks for the tips, Zxin! :)

Also, thanks, Mack-In-The-Box! I don't think I spoiled anything... Did I by accident?

Aug 31, 2018 at 2:24 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
While I did find this pretty cool to see another person do a let's play of CS, any exposure helps of course. I don't want this to be another cool20 situation... let me explain:
For those who don't remember, last year, the guys behind the youtube channel Cool20 posted their first let's play video on the forums and to give themselves essentially a shout-out.
The duo has their first CS video as one of their most popular videos
bcomp

(that's not to say 300 views is impressive and it's their 6th most popular video), but I feel a lot of those views came from this CSTSF shout-out, that it sorta suckered people into subscribing to them.
And afterward they never do anything else with Cave Story, they promised a curly run/true ending but it never went anywhere. Hell, their final episode came out in March and they basically vanished from the forums after July, never posting on anything else other than that thread; never interacted anywhere else nor stayed to do anything else.

The point I'm trying to make is, I don't want this to turn into another view-grab situation. Sure cool20 at most got a couple hundred views and 100 subs at most before disappearing 4 months ago.
cool2.png

No seriously, that's what happened.
But if you're here to just promote your let's play, I do encourage you to stay and interact with the community like any other cstsf-er.
And if your let's play is just you posting for fun, then that's great! I'm just extremely paranoid about this sort of stuff.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 2:39 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Also, thanks, Mack-In-The-Box! I don't think I spoiled anything... Did I by accident?

Well, no, nothing except that Igor was an enraged Mimiga, and the new player wouldn't know that yet, but that's all.

Aug 31, 2018 at 4:34 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
While I did find this pretty cool to see another person do a let's play of CS, any exposure helps of course. I don't want this to be another cool20 situation... let me explain:
For those who don't remember, last year, the guys behind the youtube channel Cool20 posted their first let's play video on the forums and to give themselves essentially a shout-out.
The duo has their first CS video as one of their most popular videos
bcomp

(that's not to say 300 views is impressive and it's their 6th most popular video), but I feel a lot of those views came from this CSTSF shout-out, that it sorta suckered people into subscribing to them.
And afterward they never do anything else with Cave Story, they promised a curly run/true ending but it never went anywhere. Hell, their final episode came out in March and they basically vanished from the forums after July, never posting on anything else other than that thread; never interacted anywhere else nor stayed to do anything else.

The point I'm trying to make is, I don't want this to turn into another view-grab situation. Sure cool20 at most got a couple hundred views and 100 subs at most before disappearing 4 months ago.
cool2.png

No seriously, that's what happened.
But if you're here to just promote your let's play, I do encourage you to stay and interact with the community like any other cstsf-er.
And if your let's play is just you posting for fun, then that's great! I'm just extremely paranoid about this sort of stuff.

Well I am here to promote my lp, yes, but I also wanted to connect with you guys and have fun, as you seem like an awesome community! :)

Well, no, nothing except that Igor was an enraged Mimiga, and the new player wouldn't know that yet, but that's all.

Ah, I see, though I did say evil Mimiga and not enraged. I thought it was just kinda obvious he was evil now, even if we don't know why yet lol. Anyway, my bad!

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:20 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have a new video out! Exploring the Bushlands! :)

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:27 PM
lol
MY BOI MALCO
Good episode, me personally, the Missile Launcher with even 15 missiles can take out Balrog pretty easily but the fireball is a good substitute and I forget how much damage that can do, heh.

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:49 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
MY BOI MALCO
Good episode, me personally, the Missile Launcher with even 15 missiles can take out Balrog pretty easily but the fireball is a good substitute and I forget how much damage that can do, heh.
Yeah, the missiles work well against like every boss lol.

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:51 PM
lol
Yeah, the missiles work well against like every boss lol.
Well yeah definitely, but I always felt like the Missiles is a boss type weapon and the fireball to be used against slopes that Grasstown is filled with lol.