What is your Favorite CS mod, or in which one would you consider the highest of quality?

May 11, 2018 at 12:38 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
For me, I would say that Ordeal Pillar would be my favorite, and i would consider Rave Story most well made one

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 3:17 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Ordeal Pillar was definitely great, yeah. The puzzles were well handled despite the primarily action-oriented engine, and the writing was top-notch.
I didn't really get Rave Story, to be honest.
My favourite would probably be Jenka's Nightmare. It was almost better than the original Cave Story in terms of character development, and the level design was great too. The plot was also well written.

May 11, 2018 at 4:31 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The last re-continuation of Jenka's Nightmare was my favorite.

May 12, 2018 at 2:17 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright, so before more the same answers show up by fellow members, I'm just going to set aside Rave Story, WTF Story, and Video Game, and list some of my favorite mods that aren't normally thought upon, none of them are in any particular order. Also, I never played Jenka's Nightmare or Lunar Shadow, fite me 1v1

1. Cave Story x Mega Man by Tpcool
2. Ama by Slither and Dunc
3. Treasure Islands by Noxid
4. Story Story by Kayya
5. Jenn's Journey by JonSpider
6. OpenCS by Jables
7. The Traveler by Jpzarde

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 4:49 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Jenka's Nightmare Re-Revived due to the New Game Plus system alone. So unnecessary but really makes it feel like a sequel

Also, I never played Jenka's Nightmare or Lunar Shadow, fite me 1v1
...why not, it's free

May 13, 2018 at 5:44 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
...why not, it's free

I haven't either. All mods are free and there are hundreds upon hundreds of them. You have to pick and choose.

May 13, 2018 at 7:28 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I haven't either. All mods are free and there are hundreds upon hundreds of them. You have to pick and choose.
Maybe you could play Lunar Shadow if I said it's worth it?

May 13, 2018 at 7:39 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I would love to do Cave Story mod videos again sometime, maybe I'll start off with the most popular ones because I never played them (except Schism)

May 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
For me, I would say that Ordeal Pillar would be my favorite, and i would consider Rave Story the best one made
i liked jenkas nightmare but after a while there was a lot of stuff going on it was kind of confusing
im glad they added that book

i thought mimiga army was pretty neat except the weapons didnt really make that much sense but it was still pretty neat i thought

i wrote a big list of a lot of the ones that were neat but i dont really remember where i wrote it theres a lot on there sorry if i didnt mention your game its probably on there

i generally like the really long finished games because i like happy endings

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:53 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Jenka's nightmare, cave "no" story, another cave story sequel, or cavern tale are probably my favorite, also I wish people wold make full mods and not demos or at least don't forget about it and make more good mods.

Jun 30, 2020 at 4:30 PM
Also, I never played Jenka's Nightmare or Lunar Shadow, fite me 1v1
Eh, I haven't played Jenka's Nightmare despite that game being a rite of passage for some CS modders. As for Lunar Shadow, while it is good, it also has several design flaws (shoddy wardrobe/Sound Test system, the Tiamat/Azehr/Shori Phase 4 boss fights being poorly designed (and I told Kim how she could solve the Azehr problem), the Sea Zone requiring a set of actions that aren't properly indicated, the post Sycor trap that can easily kill you). I'm just hoping that the next version of Lunar Shadow fixes these problems and finishes the Confusion Zone.

As for the mods I've played, here's the Top 5:
1) Battle Spire Challenge (A boss rush mod which pits you against several boss combinations. It's quite fun and reminds me of Timaeus22222's MegaMan Battle Network 6 mod videos)
2) Enthology: The Lost Chapters (An experimental mod that has you play through several scenarios. I found the last levels a bit frustrating, though it's just me. The Ion Blaster was also quite fun to use)
3) Hope of Shane: Frost (I'd say that this is Shane's best mod thus far and it's a shame he never finished it. He could just do what Enlight did with the Postgame Selection menu so that the player could choose between Frost, Ember, Spark and Toxin version of the mod)
4) Lunar Shadow (A mod that plays well with a nice story despite the design flaws and easy difficulty (something that Selenic Shadow solves). The fight with Grialdyn is the best fight in the entire game).
5) Obscuro Lumen Venenum Aeris (Dianke's mod which could have been interesting if not for it's incomplete status. )

Last edited: