Seasons Plays Cave Story Mods

May 2, 2018 at 3:22 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
As the thread name implies, I'm going to be making some longplay-esque videos for a good chunk of the complete and better unfinished mods out there now that summer break is starting soon. I currently have roughly 36 or so mods lined up, though I might be open for suggestions after I finish those.

Decided to start off with a classic: Schism.

Since I haven't posted these on the forums yet, I might as well include the footage I recorded around a month ago for something else:

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 4:57 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Ah this is awesome! It's been a while since we've seen a true comeback to CS mod play-throughs; I can't wait to see where it goes. Since there have been a new wave of mods, it's nice to see that they can get some needed exposure, even if it's confined to our community, but nonetheless, exciting!

May 2, 2018 at 3:48 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Ah this is awesome! It's been a while since we've seen a true comeback to CS mod play-throughs; I can't wait to see where it goes. Since there have been a new wave of mods, it's nice to see that they can get some needed exposure, even if it's confined to our community, but nonetheless, exciting!
Yeah, I figured I might as well make videos for them if I'm going to be playing them anyways.

Also expect a re-upload of the Schism video sometime today assuming that the lab is free; despite the volume being perfect for my earbuds, the same can only be said for the YouTube video if you crank the player's volume up to max. Will try to keep that in mind for future videos.
Edit: Replaced the old video with one that has bumped-up audio levels.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
This is pretty interesting, looking forward to seeing what mods you'll be going through.

May 2, 2018 at 9:56 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Can you post a list of all the mods you plan to play?

May 2, 2018 at 10:39 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Also want to mirror that this is a good idea. I had actually thought about making some kind of Cave Story mod longplays channel on YouTube for a while, but I'm very happy to see that somebody has gone ahead and started making it themselves. There's a good deal of potential for this. I think it would be a good idea to make a playlist on YouTube of all these playthroughs (and heck, such a playlist could include longplays of mods played by other users, if they want to contribute as well). Links to each mod's video could also be included in the mod archive (if/when it gets finished) as a companion piece in case you want to preview the mod. Plus, this could help some of the more underappreciated mods get exposure. Keep it up, Seasons :D

May 3, 2018 at 2:35 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Can you post a list of all the mods you plan to play?
Sure can! I was trying to focus on complete mods and interesting unfinished ones when I was sifting through the mod archive, though I petered out a bit once I started getting to around where Inner Demons is on the list. I can definitely add more when the time comes, though.
1. Schism (DONE)
2. Magic
3. The Dark Platform - After The Fact
4. Julian's King
5. Essence of Chaos
6. Pandimonium
7. The Wrath of Revorshkenahl
8. WTF Story
9. KASHUNGO
10. The Lost Mage and Pirate
11. The Future
12. The Untold Story
13. King - Strife and Sacrifice
14. Achron - Tale of a Time Traveller
15. The Legend of Safusk
16. Project 1108 B
17. Lost Land
18. Mimiga Army
19. The Witching Hour
20. The Show
21. Cave Story Redesign
22. Towers
23. Hack9 Story
24. Jenn's Journey
25. Sue's Story
26. Rising Earth
27. Quote's Revenge
28. Tale of Dale (assuming I can get my antivirus to stop deleting it)
29. A Brand New Story
30. No Story Just Cave
31. Dreams of Reality 2
32. Cave Story x Mega Man
33. Rave Story
34. 4.13th Ending
35. Lunar Shadow
36. Selenic Shadow
Special - Ralren's Mod Collection

Also want to mirror that this is a good idea. I had actually thought about making some kind of Cave Story mod longplays channel on YouTube for a while, but I'm very happy to see that somebody has gone ahead and started making it themselves. There's a good deal of potential for this. I think it would be a good idea to make a playlist on YouTube of all these playthroughs (and heck, such a playlist could include longplays of mods played by other users, if they want to contribute as well). Links to each mod's video could also be included in the mod archive (if/when it gets finished) as a companion piece in case you want to preview the mod. Plus, this could help some of the more underappreciated mods get exposure. Keep it up, Seasons :D
Y'know, adding these videos to the mod archive is actually a pretty neat idea! I don't know if I have the willpower to play through a gorillion partial edits of Cave Story, but at least some mods would get a preview. Anyways, thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 6:27 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
>No Enthology despite being 100% complete.

Though to be fair the archive probably lists it as the abandoned 2015 version so that makes sense. Thats a good list you got there. Can't wait to watch these.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 6:56 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tbh, it'd be pretty cool if you played the modcon mods from the past years

May 3, 2018 at 7:20 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
>No Enthology despite being 100% complete.

Though to be fair the archive probably lists it as the abandoned 2015 version so that makes sense. Thats a good list you got there. Can't wait to watch these.
Tbh, it'd be pretty cool if you played the modcon mods from the past years
And this is why I said I can definitely add more when the time comes. I might sprinkle them throughout the later parts of the list if I feel like it, but for now I wanna go with my current order of oldest to newest.

Speaking of Enthology, the archive does list it as complete with a "?" length. I think I missed it due to how I stopped shortly after Inner Demons in the archive, and Enthology just so happened to be around that point. On the list it goes.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 8:01 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
Oh shit, Wrath of Revorshkenahl AND Lost Land!? This is exciting, can't wait to see these older mods be brought up for more exposure.

May 4, 2018 at 2:42 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
Sure can! I was trying to focus on complete mods and interesting unfinished ones when I was sifting through the mod archive, though I petered out a bit once I started getting to around where Inner Demons is on the list. I can definitely add more when the time comes, though.
1. Schism (DONE)
2. Magic
3. The Dark Platform - After The Fact
4. Julian's King
5. Essence of Chaos
6. Pandimonium
7. The Wrath of Revorshkenahl
8. WTF Story
9. KASHUNGO
10. The Lost Mage and Pirate
11. The Future
12. The Untold Story
13. King - Strife and Sacrifice
14. Achron - Tale of a Time Traveller
15. The Legend of Safusk
16. Project 1108 B
17. Lost Land
18. Mimiga Army
19. The Witching Hour
20. The Show
21. Cave Story Redesign
22. Towers
23. Hack9 Story
24. Jenn's Journey
25. Sue's Story
26. Rising Earth
27. Quote's Revenge
28. Tale of Dale (assuming I can get my antivirus to stop deleting it)
29. A Brand New Story
30. No Story Just Cave
31. Dreams of Reality 2
32. Cave Story x Mega Man
33. Rave Story
34. 4.13th Ending
35. Lunar Shadow
36. Selenic Shadow
Special - Ralren's Mod Collection

Y'know, adding these videos to the mod archive is actually a pretty neat idea! I don't know if I have the willpower to play through a gorillion partial edits of Cave Story, but at least some mods would get a preview. Anyways, thanks for the encouragement.

17, 18 and 7 are my favorite long finished ones that ive played

i only have seen like 1 or 2 series of 18 online so i think itll be really super duper neat once you finish it

May 8, 2018 at 11:48 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Took well over 12 hours to upload, but here we have one of Metalogz' mods: Magic. It was kinda fun editing this footage; I'll probably try to work a little more variation into it later on down the line, depending on what I can come up with.

Really hoping that HitFilm Express has a smaller YouTube export than the one I used for this because hoo boy this took a long time to crank out.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 7:46 PM
hi hi
Tale of Dale is one buggy piece of shiny garbage, unique but really flawed
I don't recall it causing antivirus problems though..?

I'm glad you picked Lunar Shadow though, it's an unpopular mod but it's quite fun to play (if you don't get lost in the castle)

Bleh. Cave Story Redesign
glhf

May 10, 2018 at 4:03 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Tale of Dale I think was a false positive, at least in the newest release. The Brown Lines is/was definitely infected though.

May 10, 2018 at 5:33 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
Tale of Dale is one buggy piece of shiny garbage, unique but really flawed
I don't recall it causing antivirus problems though..?

I'm glad you picked Lunar Shadow though, it's an unpopular mod but it's quite fun to play (if you don't get lost in the castle)

Bleh. Cave Story Redesign
glhf
Tale of Dale I think was a false positive, at least in the newest release. The Brown Lines is/was definitely infected though.
I distinctly remember being able to play Tale of Dale before just fine. Webroot just doesn't like it for some reason or another, though I can probably just make an exception for it like I did one of my Geneforge games.

Also yeah, Cave Story Redesign is gonna need a lot of editing and/or, if I get lost enough, segmenting.

May 10, 2018 at 7:47 AM
hi hi
We don't talk about TBL, I got rid of it for good because I actually managed to catch something on it; I mean, it never existed, what are you talking about

I have a clean copy of ToD for sure if there are still doubts....

Jun 1, 2018 at 3:06 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
A little slow on the draw this time due to trying to split my focus between I Wanna Be The Story, some other things, and this series, but here we are! Presenting DragonBoots' mod, The Dark Platform:

Jun 21, 2018 at 5:46 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
By the way, been wondering this for the past couple videos: what's the general attitude towards my editing so far? It's fun to be a little less than serious with my editing, especially with some of the things I did for The Dark Platform, but if it bothers enough people I could try doing something a bit quicker and more consistent.

Just thought I'd ask before I move onto the next mod on my list: Julian's King.

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:41 PM
War criminal
What should I do if an antivirus problem occurs? I was just thinking to change the antivirus software. what you would advise? I tend to Avast more.
Antivirus softwares such as Webroot or Avast (i haven't used others) do give you the option to say it's safe, if their actions are more extreme, it should be possible to manually undo it and take it off their blacklist