The Littles

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:50 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So, I was speedrunning the Outer Wall, and I thought,

"It's a shame that getting the Nemisis takes so long, it would be a great weapon for speedrunning."

Because, you know, you have to make the jump, and go to the Graveyard, and come back, and make the jump again, and switch weapons, and make the jump, and that would take a long time, even to the most skilled of speedrunners.

But, then I thought,

"Hold on. How did that tiny guy get all the way to the Graveyard?? He's too small to make any of the jumps, and the door to the outer wall isn't even THERE yet. Besides, how would he avoid the Beamouths, and Critters, and Basus, and Bugs, and Basil? HOW COULD HE EVEN USE THE TELEPORTER OR OPEN THE DOOR TO ARTHER'S HOUSE!?!?!?"

So, do any of you guys have ideas?
My personal one is that he came out of his house, then fell through the gap, only to be caught by a dragon, who took him to the Mimiga Graveyard.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 8:15 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
But how would the dragon do any of the things you mentioned

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:16 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The dragon would fly all the way to the Graveyard.

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:18 PM
Soup Man
Apr 26, 2018 at 8:19 PM
but how would it get through all the doors and teleporters and zombie dragons and stuff

Well, remember, there weren't Zombie Dragons, or any blockages. The Dragon could fly right through the Egg Corridor.

And, I think that the teleporter is large enough for a Dragon the size of Kazuma's.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:22 PM
Soup Man
Well, remember, there weren't Zombie Dragons, or any blockages. The Dragon could fly right through the Egg Corridor.

And, I think that the teleporter is large enough for a Dragon the size of Kazuma's.
I had always assumed the egg corridor exploded when kazuma hatched the dragon, and even if it didn't, how would it go through the teleporter and doors. It's too big. Mr. Little has a better chance. If you look at the sprites, the dragon is twice the size of the teleporter.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:25 PM
I had always assumed the egg corridor exploded when kazuma hatched the dragon, and even if it didn't, how would it go through the teleporter and doors. It's too big. Mr. Little has a better chance. If you look at the sprites, the dragon is twice the size of the teleporter.

Drat.

Whelp, scratch that theory.

NEW THEORY: Kazuma went to the Outer Wall, met up with the Little Man, then realized he forgot his, er, lab coat, and went all the way back, with Mr. Little in tow.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 9:33 PM
Soup Man
Maybe mr. little has tiny mario's physics like whenever he gets the blue mushroom and he can jump really high and move fast

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:35 PM
Maybe mr. little has tiny mario's physics like whenever he gets the blue mushroom and he can jump really high and move fast

Hmm. Wouldn't he have to be at the Graveyard in the first place to get a blue mushroom? (Ma Pignon.)

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:36 PM
Soup Man
Hmm. Wouldn't he have to be at the Graveyard in the first place to get a blue mushroom? (Ma Pignon.)
no i mean maybe since he's small already he jumps really high and moves fast. he wouldn't need a mushroom.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:39 PM
Ah. I see...although, when Mrs. Little and Small Little(The other two in the house) move, they don't go fast or jump high.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:49 PM
Soup Man
Ah. I see...although, when Mrs. Little and Small Little(The other two in the house) move, they don't go fast or jump high.
maybe mr. little can move fast and jump high because of drafts/wind and there's no wind in his house or the graveyard. perhaps the reason he went to the graveyard was so he could get ma pignon in order to cure his family of being little.

Apr 29, 2018 at 10:38 PM
Hm. But why would he want to un-littleise his family?

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:18 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Because why be Mr. Little when you can be Mr. BIG?

Or would it just be Mr. Average-Size

since he's only reversing the littleness to its regular form

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:04 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Perhaps Mr. Little is just a regular sized guy, but since he has no importance in Quote's eyes... he is very little...
I mean is the Doctor really that big? And Quote that small?
p363921-0-doctor1.png

Proof is Mr. Little can carry the Blade or the Nemesis gun.

Also, this means Quote carries Mr. Little on his back if you pick him up.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:13 PM
I mean is the Doctor really that big?
Yes, he is. That's just the (i'm assuming) average height of an adult in Cave Story's world

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:45 PM
Or would it just be Mr. Average-Size

since he's only reversing the littleness to its regular form

Who says that his little form isn't his regular form?

I've always assumed that he is just normally small, although I, of course, could be wrong.

And also, how on EARTH did he carry the Nemesis, a gun that's sprite is four times his size??

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:10 PM
Org Discord Admin
The Little man could be very strong and agile. If he wasn't, he probably would have not been in the Graveyard in the first place.
He is strong, because he can carry and use a Nemesis. He is agile (like CyberSlueth has already said), because he manages to keep that Nemesis safe (what with EXP chips flying everywhere from enemies he encounters).
Or maybe he's just VERY unnoticeable and doesn't actually carry a weapon with him, since you can't trade with him if you bring him into a safe spot other than his home.

Also, jumping that high isn't impossible in this universe. How can Quote jump 4 times his height? Or King, since he had to run through Sand Zone to save Toroko?

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:27 PM
The Little man could be very strong and agile. If he wasn't, he probably would have not been in the Graveyard in the first place.
He is strong, because he can carry and use a Nemesis. He is agile (like CyberSlueth has already said), because he manages to keep that Nemesis safe (what with EXP chips flying everywhere from enemies he encounters).
Or maybe he's just VERY unnoticeable and doesn't actually carry a weapon with him, since you can't trade with him if you bring him into a safe spot other than his home.

Also, jumping that high isn't impossible in this universe. How can Quote jump 4 times his height? Or King, since he had to run through Sand Zone to save Toroko?

Quote is a robot, and he is, "Stronger than a Mimiga, even!" so it's not too crazy to think he could jump higher than normal.

And King had Red Flowers, which made him stronger, and again, it's not too crazy to think he could jump higher, or maybe he had a Booster or something.

Or, if that doesn't work....
#gamelogic