Cave Story Last Cave (Hidden) Challenge

Feb 9, 2018 at 1:40 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Alright. Just updated the mod. There is now a Mode select. BONUS: A Practice room! This makes you better at the last cave. You get the spur, missiles, Fireball, Bubbler, blade, and Nemesis. Also, 100 health. Now remember this does not save your time, this is only for practice. If you're interested, click the link below. And if you do play it, please record it and share it so others and I, can watch it. You get unlimited ammo as well. Have fun!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xhgw3g8wvv2lqwd/Cave Story Last Cave Challenge - Updated.rar

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:13 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Sorry, but I don’t know how to use flags. Sorry.
you dont need flags for it i think all you do is <SNP and then you put the id of the critter and then a : and then the horizontal thingy where you want it and then a : and then the vertical thingy where you want it and then a :0000
so i think its like <SNP9999:0005:0005:0000 just try that but replace the 9999 with the critter thingy itll probably be something like 0045 or something but probably not exactly that

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:15 AM
you dont need flags for it i think all you do is <SNP and then you put the id of the critter and then a : and then the horizontal thingy where you want it and then a : and then the vertical thingy where you want it and then a :0000
so i think its like <SNP9999:0005:0005:0000 just try that but replace the 9999 with the critter thingy itll probably be something like 0045 or something but probably not exactly that
I’ll try it tomorrow

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:21 AM
I’ll try it tomorrow
can you also edit the thing in the first thing you said at the beginning of this thing to say something different
change it from
"Have you guys ever played the last cave in the original cave story? If you haven't, I recommend this!"
to
"Have you guys ever played the last cave in the original cave story? If you have, I recommend this!"

because it is for the expert of experts

Feb 10, 2018 at 5:44 PM
Anyone like my mod?

Feb 10, 2018 at 5:58 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 6:08 PM
Haven't played it, but I made a mod very much similar to this. It was the same as this, except only a normal and a hard mode.
If you want, I could help you with this.
Like, I know how to do flags and add custom characters, so I can add a character select to the mod.
I can make the different modes be in a teleporter like menu, so you don't have to keep clicking "no"
But hey, that's just me. My latest mod is a little big so it might be fun to change my project for a little bit.
Yes! PLEASE help me with flags. I don’t know how to use them.

Haven't played it, but I made a mod very much similar to this. It was the same as this, except only a normal and a hard mode.
If you want, I could help you with this.
Like, I know how to do flags and add custom characters, so I can add a character select to the mod.
I can make the different modes be in a teleporter like menu, so you don't have to keep clicking "no"
But hey, that's just me. My latest mod is a little big so it might be fun to change my project for a little bit.
And also tell me in text, for more detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 10, 2018 at 6:53 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
The mod's a fun time waster; I enjoyed all the modes albeit very simple.
Normal mode was super easy and fun just to get readjusted to 50 fps booster. Harder mode was easy even with 10 hp; super hard is just hard mode so that wasn't too much trouble. And extreme mode even with 1 hp I completed in one try, even with 100 spur ammo it wasn't that hard. But overall still fun minus some visual errors with the doors needing an <CNP command to "open" the door.

Feb 10, 2018 at 8:49 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 9:58 PM
Yes! PLEASE help me with flags. I don’t know how to use them.

im no master but this is the way i think i understand them kind of
https://www.cavestory.org/guides/basicmodding/guide/tsc.txt <--- click credit to some guy who made it
click that and it'll give you the list of all the commands possible and what they do
<FL+0000 creates a flag (except you replace the 0's for a 4 digit number). It calls it "setting a flag" but I dont like that so i say the word create instead
<FLJ0000:0000 makes you go to an event if that flag is created or "set". So if you set flag 457 by doing <FL+0457 then you put the 0457 for the first set of 0's "<FLJ0457:0000" and then the event that you want to go to for the second set of 0's "<FLJ0457:0105"
so that would take you to event 105

you should just try making a person say something first, and once you have that make it so when you talk to them make them say something different the next time (with flags)

make doors or something because doors are fun i think but I dont even think you need flags for those

also everything i said could be wrong because im not really that good at this stuff

but this way once you do that you can make all these different things like you could make a super secret mode unlocked only if you beat the impossible mode

wait i just played it you did have doors or did i open a random mod I'm so confused whatever chinfish hopefully im playing your game..

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 8:44 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Hey has anyone beaten my extreme hard mode time yet? Pretty sure I have the WR

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:05 PM
I’m still freaking trying it, but it’s sooooooo hard. I didn’t notice me putting it hard heh.

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:29 PM
OMG I JUST BEAT IT YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1'13"0!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• good.PNG
    good.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 3
Feb 11, 2018 at 11:32 PM
i'm really bad at the last cave i die so much :(

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:27 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
OMG I JUST BEAT IT YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1'13"0!!!!!!!!!
That's great can you please stop double posting (making two posts right after each other)? If you're going to post that close together then just edit the old one. You've already been infracted twice and if it happens again you're up for a tempban.

You can quote multiple posts at once, I know it's kind of awkward but you don't have to respond to everyone individually.

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:05 PM
Sorry DoubleThink. I will try to edit my old one instead.

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:10 PM
Sorry DoubleThink. I will try to edit my old one instead.
hey for your next version you should make a backwards last cave thing
so you start at the exit (the door to the balcooony) and you end at the bottom door (door to the plantatttttioonnnn)

that would be fun