Dec 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
i think the story line of my game is bad

should i go back and try to fix a lot of it
because it seems really bad and doesn't make a lot of sense since i changed it a lot later

but i'll have to change A LOT OF THINGS
(and it's bad that's not the question)

but like is it worth it do you think
i have to change somethings but i cant change too much because some of it is a good idea

but maybe i should stop making my weapons "water blaster" because that's still pretty strong compared to my missile launcher called missile launcher
If you think that your story line has some problems, I think you should go fix the pieces you don't like. Regarding the part about weapons, I think a "water blaster" could still be strong, just not as strong as a missile launcher. Water is apparently capable of shooting through metal at high enough speeds. Maybe just nerf the weapon as to not make it quite as strong as missiles, but still be a useful weapon.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:43 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
If you think that your story line has some problems, I think you should go fix the pieces you don't like. Regarding the part about weapons, I think a "water blaster" could still be strong, just not as strong as a missile launcher. Water is apparently capable of shooting through metal at high enough speeds. Maybe just nerf the weapon as to not make it quite as strong as missiles, but still be a useful weapon.
How exactly do you increase the damage of the missiles in the missile launcher? I checked the bullet data and it says 0 damage, but when I increase that number it does nothing.

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
yeah even though no one would really get that

in my story theres supposed to be someone that makes weapons different or something (maybe weak) but I'm not really sure what to do

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:46 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
How exactly do you increase the damage of the missiles in the missile launcher? I checked the bullet data and it says 0 damage, but when I increase that number it does nothing.
There's damage modifiers for the missiles, themselves, idk how much modifying the missile launcher damage also affects them.

Dec 4, 2017 at 1:24 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I have. It's done nothing.
Alright. I'm trying to think through possible causes but there is some piece of the puzzle thats missing.
Are you able to post a screenshot and/or the script in question?

Also, when you load a script ot actually overwrites on top of the previous one, so if your script was empty thats why it was running events.

Dec 4, 2017 at 1:49 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Essentially it's just inputting some numbers into a function. You can pretty easily change what's shot by changing those numbers.

Just search for "CALL 00403F80" and change the PUSH above it.

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:00 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Alright. I'm trying to think through possible causes but there is some piece of the puzzle thats missing.
Are you able to post a screenshot and/or the script in question?

Also, when you load a script ot actually overwrites on top of the previous one, so if your script was empty thats why it was running events.
I might actually add to the puzzle solving requesting since something I (rarely) work on seems to correctly start up and fade in. But when I die and restart, the same emptiness with health visible happens.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:22 PM
I might actually add to the puzzle solving requesting since something I (rarely) work on seems to correctly start up and fade in. But when I die and restart, the same emptiness with health visible happens.
I have. It's done nothing.

Okay, I just remembered a weird pixel quirk, so on a whim for both of you:
Go to the death script in Head.tsc , theres a flag jump that makes the game run event #48 or something <LDP instead of <INI. Try switching it out or making sure event #16 sets that flag.

If that doesn't work, try doing a <SVP right as the player obtains control at the beginning, after whatever intro script you have.

Dec 23, 2017 at 6:50 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm using Cave Editor so can remove the requirement for images and changing the file type to bmp. but when I try to open up Cave Editor (first at the main folder, the one where the .exe is at) all of the options are greyed out (or; unusable for a better word.) I tried moving Cave Editor around (into data, into stage, into npc, but then just moved it back to main) booting it up each time I moved it, but to no avail. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

Dec 23, 2017 at 6:56 PM
I'm using Cave Editor so can remove the requirement for images and changing the file type to bmp. but when I try to open up Cave Editor (first at the main folder, the one where the .exe is at) all of the options are greyed out (or; unusable for a better word.) I tried moving Cave Editor around (into data, into stage, into npc, but then just moved it back to main) booting it up each time I moved it, but to no avail. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.
im not good at this and i may not even understand your question but did you click file at the top left and then load to load your game

i probably didn't understand your question sorry

Dec 23, 2017 at 6:57 PM
War criminal
Use Booster's Lab, it does the job for you automagically.

@Walrus_Guy If you don't know the answer, wait for other members who can provide the answer.

Dec 23, 2017 at 7:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
im not good at this and i may not even understand your question but did you click file at the top left and then load to load your game

i probably didn't understand your question sorry
Oh! That got it, now I can actually start working on the sprite mod.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:45 PM
"Huzzah!"
Cave Story
A very fun -if difficult at times- indie computer game made by Studio Pixel that spent 5 years in development. It follows the story of a silent, nameless protagonist with amnesia trying to save a bunch of rabbit people. As the story unfolds, the player will meet new friends and enemies, find new and powerful weapons, and unveil treachery like the world hasn't seen since ebaumsworld.

It also has music better than most recent big name bands, and a secret level that will steal your soul.
The secret level in Cave Story stole my soul, but I got it back when I won.
#cave story#studio pixel#indie game#toaster oven#puppy hat
D

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:28 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
How do we rotate spikes ?
the spikes that I put in a hole is rotate at left and I want to put them up
it is possible ?

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:33 PM
it is possible ?
are you using the spikes from the map tile things or the spikes from the sprites

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:34 PM
it is possible ?
Set the flag number to 1. I dont know what Cave Editor calls it but in Booster's lab that first number is a flag number, and you set it to the direction you want (where 1 = Up)

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:08 PM
War criminal
Set the flag number to 1. I dont know what Cave Editor calls it but in Booster's lab that first number is a flag number, and you set it to the direction you want (where 1 = Up)
In CE, they're called entity flags, iirc. Kinda weird though how this is the way to rotate the spike entities.

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:15 AM
In CE, they're called entity flags, iirc. Kinda weird though how this is the way to rotate the spike entities.
i just like it when things do stuff sometimes

also whats flag #0002
not affected by tile 44 or smooething