Miku Story

What'd you think of the mod? Any suggestions?

• Pretty Good

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It was fine

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • It was terrible

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Make better sprites

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Add custom music

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Fix any bugs

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Less lazy title

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:31 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ever wanted to play as Miku Hatsune in Cave Story? No? Well now you can!

This is my first mod, the idea came from a friend on discord who likes anime and vocaloids.
Its basically just normal Cave Story with minor changes

Some screenshots:
p361096-0-fxauvix.png

bcomp
p361096-2-bk0lcff.png

p361096-3-fmvzam5.png
Download

v1.0.0.0 https://mega.nz/#!AmgnXJ6S!cIgRhRZX81oDLKF7KsCnDT23OXPUXhcTvhKElqGAT0I

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:33 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
ok i guess i will play this
i will not use my normal "review" format however, due to the fact that many people are complaining about it in a justified yet still rude manner.

• the window.rect file is not necessary and should be removed
  • nice to see it's not fullscreen, and good work on the custom icon. i can already tell you put some amount of work into this.
  • cave story intro remains unchanged. not sure how i feel about this.
  • very fond of the spritework. i love the title screen.
  • got through the first cave. this is just cave story with a new sprite.
  • in mimiga village. this is just cave story with a different sprite...

So just from what I've seen, it looks like you've got what it takes to be a good modder (whatever that is), but maybe you could have done somethin to make this mod different than the rest. Maybe add some different dialogue or some secret maps or something. I really did like the sprite(s) you did, but I was hoping to see some more. Maybe I didn't get far enough into the mod.

In short, keep up the good work, but maybe make your next projects a little bit bigger. Since the only major change in this one was the sprite, I would have recommended just posting the sprite somewhere instead of an entire mod.

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:45 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I am starting to think Boosters Lab and CaveEdit should be controlled substances

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:46 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Okay, I created an account just to give feedback on this. I like the sprite work, I can't argue that even a little bit. There are a lot of flaws with this though. After downloading and playing through this I have noticed other subtle changes; ie. when it mentions Quote. While this is fine on its own for playing as a custom character, I feel this is less of a mod and more of a re-skin. In my opinion if you added custom music, a different story (even if slightly altered), and some other characters should be changed as well. Though I have noticed some things that honestly do give me the idea that you could become a really great modder if you spend a little bit more time on something like this. For one (I know I'm basically quoting one of the previous comments) the title screen, while a small change, it adds a lot more character to this. Also, (once again pretty much the comment TheCyberSleuth wrote) the games icon; even though this is a very minor detail I know how annoying it is to make one so I can tell you put a descent amount of effort into this.

In conclusion I felt like a lot more could've been done with this but being your first project, this is really good.
PS: This is literally my first time writing anything on these forums so I have no idea how to get all this fancy crap in the comments :p

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:56 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 10:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So haven't played it. But I have a question for you hedg:
Would you be ok with it if in the release update of my True Hell Challenge, I use your Miku character Sprite as one of the multiple characters to play as? I'm trying to find characters for it and your artwork is just P E R F E C T (to me, at least).
It's fine if you don't me to. If so, I promise I'll credit you. I'm planning each character to have a script to say this when selected:
Quote ~ Cave Story (by Pixel)
Or for your Miku:
Miku ~ Miku Story (by Hedg)
Just wonderin. Thanks.

Sure!

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:29 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited: