The Fantastic Adventures of Squire Brakkett - Revival

Nov 15, 2017 at 9:43 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Whoa. It's been years since I last logged in here. :awesomeface:

Anyway, for those who don't know me, I was a semi-active member of these forums back in 2014-2015. I mainly did a few ORGs and a couple of lackluster projects that fell through... One of my first threads on this site was to showcase my Cave Story webcomic, The Fantastic Adventures of Squire Brakkett. Said comic updated for a while, before finally going on what seemed to be a permanent hiatus in mid 2015.

"seemed" is the keyword here.

After recently rereading my old strips on a whim, I am happy to announce that The Fantastic Adventures of Squire Brakkett is coming out of hiatus, and new updates have already begun, with two new strips being added yesterday.

I'm honestly not sure if it was very popular here, but I do know that there were a few fans (at least from what I could tell) of it back then. If on the off-chance that they're still here, then I hope this will be a pleasant surprise to them.

Also, because of smackjeeves' new format, this comic has a "cover" now:

100jgeqy00QcOD.png

I'll probably upgrade it to something that looks better later or something...

And without further ado:
Comic homepage: http://squirebrakkett.smackjeeves.com/
Most recent strip as of this post: http://squirebrakkett.smackjeeves.com/comics/2529568/egg-corridor-egress/

Oh, and apologies in advance for the speech bubble quality in strips 1-85. I do plan to go back and redo the first 85 strips eventually once I get on a somewhat regular update schedule again.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 10:53 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Just red the entire comic up to this point, and I can say That I am very exited about what is to come. The speech bubbles in comics 1-85 are bad, and you should fix them, but don't let that distract you from creating new pages. Keep it up!

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:02 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It's always had a little janky feel but it's got a taste I learned to accept; I'm glad you're making more again, can't wait to see improvement!

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:37 AM
Comic is now at 90 strips and counting.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I think I'm actually making these things way faster in paint.NET than I did with the old method. Access to layers take so much of the old headaches away lol.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just read your whole comic, and I think it's genius! The way you merge the plot of the original game with Brakkett's plot is awesome! (So many great jokes and references)
I love how you make fun of the game in a playful way, making the "bad guys" seem good and the "good guys" seem kinda stupid.
Your comic has definitely made me love Cave Story all that much more, and I hope you keep making more!
Also, I'd love to see more of Fran!

Thank You!

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:28 AM
I just read your whole comic, and I think it's genius! The way you merge the plot of the original game with Brakkett's plot is awesome! (So many great jokes and references)
I love how you make fun of the game in a playful way, making the "bad guys" seem good and the "good guys" seem kinda stupid.
Your comic has definitely made me love Cave Story all that much more, and I hope you keep making more!
Also, I'd love to see more of Fran!

Thank You!
Heh, that avatar.

Glad you enjoyed the comic so far. Anyway, for those waiting for the next update, I'll probably do it within the next couple of days, so stay on the lookout.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I remember this and I actually looked for it a month ago to see if it was still dead, cool that it's back.
...But I remember nothing about it so i'll have to read the entire comic again :D