Aug 4, 2017 at 3:39 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hey Tails, I'd be interested in doing voice acting for the series, I'm not sure what voices you'd need but I'd be good for deeper voices such as The Doctor or possibly Mahin(? if he has a deep voice? That's what I always thought). Since you're technically new to the forums I was unable to message you. But I'd be glad to provide a voice or two.

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:11 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey Tails, I'd be interested in doing voice acting for the series, I'm not sure what voices you'd need but I'd be good for deeper voices such as The Doctor or possibly Mahin(? if he has a deep voice? That's what I always thought).

Oh that's awesome! We could do well with another voice actor.

Since you're technically new to the forums I was unable to message you. But I'd be glad to provide a voice or two.

Yeah I know lol, this account is new. Just email me a sample clip of your voice acting at uzi.sanic@gmail.com, and we'll proceed from there :D

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:55 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I just wanted to post some of my worries and also what could make the project better.

First thing, the actual animation, this actually has me the most worried do to the fact that it seems everyone has put tons of effort into their examples. This has me worried since the skills for animation are very different, when compared to the skills for doing just a piece of art work. First thing to do would be to give everyone their own jobs.
The jobs that would best help this project would be
  • Background Artist
  • Storyboard Artist
  • About 2 Animators who do sketchy animation
  • If possible, get a clean up artist
  • Random note, I would get rid of the text on Quote's hat, as it would make animation harder to get the detail right
Another possibly would be to use flash puppets for the characters, so you don't need to worry about changing styles. The best way to use flash puppets would be like My Little Pony, as the puppets are made out of many parts layered.

Also this is kinda mean, but see if the person who drew on paper can actually animate, as an artist, using a tablet is mainly different as the lines are typically more shaky. If the person can't make good tablet art, i would say to replace them.

Second thing, the voice acting, it seems that their are people being brought on to the project to do voice acting. If possible, you should use voice actors through the whole project. So, I just have a couple of tips for the voice acting, along with how the episodes would be made.
  • Make the storyboards/script, then voice actors, then change the storyboards a bit to fit the voice actors better, then get the background artist, and then the animation
  • Give Quote a voice actor, since it would probably be impossible to make a series with a main character who never speaks, here are some tips, Quote would probably sound like he was in his mid teens, (Cause he is still shorter than Kazuma, and a few pixels smaller then Curly in the updated graphics)
  • The best way to get a voice actor for a mid teens character, would be either get a woman to voice him, who can pull of a teen boy voice, or get a guy with a high pitch voice
  • For getting (good) voice actors, open auditions, with details for what you want the characters to sound like
  • This would also let yoou get voice actors with good microphones, or you could ask someone with a good voice to get a better microphone

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you for answering this zxin, what he's said is correct.

We've already given multiple jobs to people in the same way you have said, the art examples are just, well, examples that the artists (not animators) have given. This is because we did not have many animators before this announcement.

We'll decide what the characters are going to look like in the concept/style art (and we have decided to use Pixel's art style), but thanks for the tip!

It could work pretty well if we used puppets, but not only have our animators not really worked in that type of animation, but I think it'll look better if we didn't use puppets. But thanks for the tip :D

About that, I know it's a bit stupid, but the person who drew the paper drawing isn't an artist lol She's actually a script/story writer, but she volunteered to draw it for this announcement. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hmm, voice actors are our weakest point right now, believe it or not. We're going to need quite a few, and some voice actors might need to take multiple roles.
That's a good idea, we might try that!
Although we haven't finalised Quote's voice (whether he will be mute or not), we thought that instead of making him speak, which a lot of people will be against, we should have Curly speak in his place, or have his expressions very visible, making it easy to see what he's thinking. But if we will need to get him a voice actor, we'll take your suggestion into consideration.
You're right, we should definitely open auditions. However, we'll need volunteers, as we don't have any money to throw away lol
Yeah, the microphone quality is just as important as the voice, so we'll take that into account.

Thanks for the suggestions, GimmickyHipster!

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:45 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It can be great to see Cave Story animated Series on Internet

Also a great idea to this kind of works is to request good voice actors (I'm willing to lend my voice, That's my dream)xD but is a Very important step also it's important that Make sure about The voice actors can be willing to lend their voices until The end of The animated Series cause its so Difficult to find somebody with a Very similar tone of voice that some person
I you need help with voice acting, write me at my e-mail:
aaarayaguzman@gmail.com
Or add me on discord:
Aaron_Al916#5905

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's fine zxin, I've sent him an email to reply to.

Aug 30, 2017 at 4:24 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
@Tails Warrior how do you appear on e-mail? Its For search you on my received messages and send you an audio of my voice (I'm 15 years old but I have a medium strong voice)I can probably make a serious character voice

@Tails Warrior Hey I just sent my auditions to your gmail and please read them carefully and completely each one of them cause the auditions are in a link on the last post that did I send so please read every detail to understand some extra things that I needed to say you so please chose me and become real my dreams
Also I can do Kazuma's And Quote's voice (in gmail I said that I'm willing to do Santa's, Professor Booster's and Itoh's Voices but I can do some more with some different ascents
Kazuma:Normal teenager voice
Quote:A very neutral and quiet guy that speak just a little bit voice
Santa:Normal adult guy voice
Professor Booster: Very professional speaking not so old man voice
Itoh:A very scaredy and a bit normal whisper voice and finally I can help with storywritting.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 7:41 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
@Tails Warrior I can help with storywritting And voice acting of:
Jack
Santa from Grasstown
Profesor Booster
Itoh, The coward mimiga form scientific
Kazuma Sakamoto
Quote maybe in all The few times that he speaks (I'm an option)
Cthulu (maybe some of them)
Story Teller
Also @ColdCallerLoopy Can do The voices of:
King
Mahin
Malco
Balrog (maybe)
The doctor
Ballos(Probably)
Story teller
Quote (he is another option)
Some girl or Girls including @TheCyberSleuth can maybe do The voices of:
Toroko
Misery
Sue Sakamoto
Chaco
Curly Brace
Jenka
The little Mimiga girl
Momorin Sakamoto
The medics in The labyrint
Story teller
Somebody more can help with The voice of:
The rest of mimigas
Igor
The Hermit Gunsmith
Chaba from the labyrint
The destroyed surface robot on The core room
The little dog on the corridor Before seal chamber
Jenka's puppies
EVERY enemy that can Make a sound or Speak in The Game
Story teller
Note:all those things that I wrore here Were suggestions For all those people that I think that can colaborate
Also, all of them (including me)can help with storywritting.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 8:37 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
why are you giving all these suggestions have the people working on the project even given you the ok on voice acting for it?
also cybersleuth didnt even say anything on here

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 9:47 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
why are you giving all these suggestions have the people working on the project even given you the ok on voice acting for it?
also cybersleuth didnt even say anything on here
I just Say It because i just want that those people that I mentioned take a Second to think again ir get an idea that they can do a bit more of they said But I'm just saying that For that reason And I'm not forcing them, i just want that they get a better idea of What can they do if they want
Also I have some conversations with @TheCyberSleuth And I'm giving her some suggestions but I'm not forcing anybody to do that I'm just giving ideas to other people
Everything that I post here is with a good purpose, not to force anyone.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 11:02 PM
I just Say It because i just want that those people that I mentioned take a Second to think again ir get an idea that they can do a bit more of they said But I'm just saying that For that reason And I'm not forcing them, i just want that they get a better idea of What can they do if they want
Also I have some conversations with TheCyberSleuth And I'm giving her some suggestions but I'm not forcing anybody to do that I'm just giving ideas to other people
Everything that I post here is with a good purpose, not to force anyone.
but im asking if they're even letting you voice act for it. you have good intentions but you're not even thinking about what you're doing. and again sleuth hasn't posted anything on this thread so it just looks like you're forcing them into this

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:18 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
but im asking if they're even letting you voice act for it. you have good intentions but you're not even thinking about what you're doing. and again sleuth hasn't posted anything on this thread so it just looks like you're forcing them into this
Actually i told @TheCyberSleuth about this topic un discord And she understand It Also i told her that if she wants read all my posts in this thread
Also i got a solicitude of test my voice for voice acting for this project And I'm waiting For a response but @Tails Warrior wasn't online all these days And i Was looking to see if he Was online recently And he wasn't in a few days
And finally in one of The posts of @Tails Warrior he says that maybe there can be people Making multiple character voices cause The project have more storywrittings that voice actors And there's just few voice actors so I'm giving ideas about some voice acting posibilities
Also i put @ColdCallerLoopy in my post cause he said that he is good with Deep voices so i write some characters that probably have a Deep voice in my post specificly un the part where i mention him
I Hope that i understand my purpose And simply if they don't want I'm not gonna force them, i Was just saying my ideas And it's their call if they want to follow them(my ideas).

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 12:42 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Sep 4, 2017 at 1:34 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I know but i just said It To you but that's all o just wanted to advice you about The topic,if you are busy And you can't just don't do It cause you can't And we can't do anything, ecept if i can help you just if It is something un Internet And nothing of phisical things but i Hope that everyone understand And this discusión ends here (our discussion)And The topic of The animated Series continúe.

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:53 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Are just options And decisions that they can take if they want, Also if I'm not in the project i can give recommendations un the development of It (if it'll really work)
Also I'm just posting based on things that i saw that @ColdCallerLoopy said about Deep voices excluding @TheCyberSleuth cause she wasn't posting here Before but i taller to her in discord And it's ok, she isn't interested and i didn't forced she, y just said that if she Wants, she can do It And i understood that like three posts ago
And EVERY hour that i Saw @Tails Warrior isn't online And am not leading anything, I'm giving ideas to whoever want to follow them And The one that can leas this topic is @Tails Warrior (And The admins)And i know It And Also that's Why un trying to Say Everything in a Way that i Hope that anybody misunderstand It but What i can do if there is people that see everything like they want to see it, ANYTHING, i can't do ANYTHING

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:55 PM
but you arent even involved in the project why are you trying to work on it