Cave Story on Nintendo Switch

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:02 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Curly Brace's animated face pic looks really weird... Hopefully my facepic isn't as bad.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:34 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Zxin you don't have to go out of your way to be an asshole and tell everyone that your opinion is superior.
I like the facepics too.

Jun 12, 2017 at 6:53 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Protip: Continually adding more outward aggression isn't going to make your attitude any more tolerable.

Also that's enough about the facepics in the thread for now.

Jun 12, 2017 at 8:48 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Personally I'm pretty excited about the Co-op thing Nicalis mentioned. Depending on how they do it, it could either be really good, or terrible.

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
Personally I'm pretty excited about the Co-op thing Nicalis mentioned. Depending on how they do it, it could either be really good, or terrible.
A game certainly gets more interesting with more features, but I'm a little 'meh' over co-op due to the fact that the original game was not designed for more than one player, and as far as I know there aren't any co-op specific levels being made for the game. If they did make additional co-op levels for the game, then I'd get excited.

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:31 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Somehow there is an unboxing of this game when it's not even out yet...
(
)
It doesn't have the keychain or pouch... Maybe he got the non preorder edition, even though I thought the preorder edition was supposed to have ALL the extras and the regular one was supposed to have NONE. Hopefully this is the case, because the best extra (in my opinion) is the manual, and second is the famitracker CD.

I have two theories about how he got the game early:

1. Gamestop gave him the game not realising it's not out yet

2. Gamestop was bribed by him to give him the game early

3. Or he is a ROBBER!!!!!!!!!!1one

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw...12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 9:03 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Somehow there is an unboxing of this game when it's not even out yet...
(
)
It doesn't have the keychain or pouch... Maybe he got the non preorder edition, even though I thought the preorder edition was supposed to have ALL the extras and the regular one was supposed to have NONE. Hopefully this is the case, because the best extra (in my opinion) is the manual, and second is the famitracker CD.

I have two theories about how he got the game early:

1. Gamestop gave him the game not realising it's not out yet

2. Gamestop was bribed by him to give him the game early

He deleted the video, it's gone. Not sure how some of these got out early--we did send a few press copies out, but the leaks were well before that. -ty

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:47 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Come on guys, we all know why we're preordering this game.
upload_2017-6-19_0-46-12.png

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Is it weird that I actually like the new facepics?
I like 'em too. Kinda reminds me of retro games where characters would do that even though they didn't have voice actors. If you've ever played Battletoads on Genesis or something like that you know what I mean.

It doesn't ENTIRELY sync up well (2017 animation with 2004 sprites, plus the fact that the eyes have one frame for open and one frame for closed but the mouths seem to move at the game's speed which kinda breaks the immersion) but I still like it. Plus, if we ever find out how to romhack NS games it could be kinda cool to see what people do with moving facepics (I'm not implying pirating the game, hacking it, and releasing the full rom, I'm suggesting something like a ips patch file. I know how much controversy the Wii version got because of stuff like that.).

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 12:33 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I like the facepics as well.

So the game releases tomorrow. How long does it normally take for Gamestop to ship internationally?

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:29 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
International shipping always seems to take a week for pretty much everything.

I'm picking it up as soon as my local gamestop opens, I've got alot to do tomorrow other than Cave Story, but hopefully I can make it to waterway within 2 hours.