Cave Story on Nintendo Switch

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:12 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Of course the first official merch would be a GameStop preorder exclusive... If it becomes successful enough tho I'm sure they'd leap at the chance to capitalize on it. Or not, who knows?

May 3, 2017 at 12:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
In other words, you don't really have to import.
I already have though. Well.. a preordered import.

Although even if I hadn't I would have anyway. For keychains.

May 4, 2017 at 2:19 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Looks like you'll be able to move and shoot in different directions, or lock your gun in a direction kero blaster style
Oh no Nicalis. Don't change the controls of Cave Story. It'll make it hard to go back to previous versions and feel more limited in comparison.

May 5, 2017 at 4:17 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I wonder. The 3DS version had a toggle to disable the widescreen, so will the new controls have a toggle, as well? As pointless as the widescreen toggle is, surely there'll actually be people that want the old controls.

May 5, 2017 at 10:30 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hey, I'm not that unoriginal =P. Even then, I don't have any plans to get a Switch in the future, so I wouldn't know how the new controls work outside of word-of-mouth.

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 1:19 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I wouldn't know how the new controls work outside of word-of-mouth.
I'm guessing they'll work something like Binding of Isaac. With the left stick being to move around and the right stick to aim. If so, wouldn't that mean using only one Joycon would toggle original controls?

May 15, 2017 at 1:18 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I'm guessing they'll work something like Binding of Isaac. With the left stick being to move around and the right stick to aim. If so, wouldn't that mean using only one Joycon would toggle original controls?
I would imagine that it is more like the crabwalking feature in soul blazer, where you pretty much hold down a dedicated button to lock your current direction of facing.

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:40 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
twitter.com/nicalis

They showed what the game case looks like. It will have the instruction manual and a Famitracks Mini Audio CD (3 inch). Aside from these is the GameStop exclusive Blind Box PVC Keychain (Random 1 of either Quote, Curly (pictured) or Balrog) and its microfiber pouch for it.

The CD and GameStop PVC keychain & pouch is for preorders.

15 days left until release! Click for countdown (Eastern Time Zone)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 8:44 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Just pre-ordered Cave Switch, I'd like to discuss a bit.

I think the players will share a health bar, but not share weapon levels. As shown here, and it would only make sense that the two players would be able to use different weapons.
Curly Story is confirmed, along with wind fortress and the other challenges. Also I'd like to note that the video I linked doesn't seem to have any lighting, is it possible you can toggle the lighting and water effects?

Also, more on lighting, if you look here, it seems that the lighting is done through the actual tilesets, which is kinda dissapointing.

King seems to have whiskers in his overworld sprite, I'm not sure if it was that way before?

Do you guys think the instruction booklet will have more than just instructions?

And the most important thing, do you think Nicalis will be recycling more beta content?

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:48 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
King seems to have whiskers in his overworld sprite, I'm not sure if it was that way before?
But his facepic doesn't... So there's that.

NiCALiS has little idea of what they are doing, just kinda throwing things together as they please.

But I mean if this port is actually good then all the better to them, and glad CS is still becoming a part of people's lives. They might have learnt from past mistakes considering the constant love Tyrone seems to have of it.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 10:21 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
king has had whiskers since CSWii

Jun 6, 2017 at 7:19 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Holy shit. We have animated facepics guys.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:37 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
They don't look very good, sadly. NICALiS' artists don't seem to understand that mouths open downwards, not upwards. They also can't be arsed to make the animations look very good half the time either, apparently.

P.S. I'm interested to see how the facepics work technically speaking.

You mean opening down like this animated gif? https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/872153120104751104

Apparently.