Project My House Alpha

May 30, 2017 at 7:14 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I finally did it! My first mod in progress! It's gonna be a fun little mod I plan on continuing while I look for a job, so here's the link to the download:

Edit 6/2/17:
Since I haven't gotten much of anyone that wants to cameo in my mod, I'm gonna make a new plot and throw in some callbacks and in-jokes or something.
Edit 6/4/17:
Thanks for DoubleThink to notify me of a glaringly dumb script error at the start.
Alpha 0.3 released!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dwdop26dgm3bomq/My_House_0.3.zip
What's added:
New edited sprites :heart:
(Slightly) better scripting
New plot(?)

Stuff to add:
Scripts where entities disappear/change after being checked
Labyrinth script in progress...
Better map layouts... :droll:
Even BETTER scripting :muscledoc:
More covfefe memes :debug:
More sprite edits
More resumes for job applications

Fun Facts:
  • I added cameos
  • It took me three or four days to release Alpha 0.1
  • I'll add roles to the mod if you guys want in on this
Old links:
Have fun guys!

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 4:57 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I would suggest learning how to make interesting maps.

The House you had is a box and very uninteresting, I took the liberty to redesign it and make it look better.

Capture_zpsbbnogibk.png

Notice all the stairs, and how no place in the house is dull or without some purpose, also using more than the given 2X2 tile background just repeated over and over again. The Save disk and refill are very close to the exit to take into account that the player might want to stop by later to get a refill. this way they won't have to wast time running around the house.

You're off to a good start, but learn level design, it's the most important part of any mod by far. Yeah, learn TSC, yeah learn how to make sprites, but if you can't do this then you're doomed before you start; Too many mods released now have uninteresting levels that all fell like cardboard boxes anymore that took a while 30 seconds to make.

Jun 16, 2017 at 1:10 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
good mod
I like it