King: Strife and Sacrifice (AKA King's Story)

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:40 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
i'll fight you

Sep 19, 2015 at 11:10 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
As in not many people did it

I'm pretty sure at the time This and WTF story were the the only things that mainly relied on Assembly, then Bombchu started going deep into it.

Of course you can prove me wrong because thats all im good for but thats what I remember.

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
As in not many people did it

I'm pretty sure at the time This and WTF story were the the only things that mainly relied on Assembly, then Bombchu started going deep into it.

Of course you can prove me wrong because thats all im good for but thats what I remember.
Assembly hacks have been a thing since mid-2006, when @RuneLancer arrived on the scene.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:54 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
can you save the mom
its kind of sad :(

(just have to remember this isn't real)

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:04 AM
Jan 29, 2017 at 9:08 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Hope I'm not going full retard right here but
In the Crystal Caves, I go all the way down to the bottom of the map and find the scientist professor dood chillin' in a korner that I can't reach, with a single tile of rock terrain stopping me from getting to him. At that little corner, I inspect the spot and it tells me "You can go to the teleporter now". Am I missing something here, or is the branch of story where I get to save the dood not developed yet?

Btw awesome mod I can't stop playing it despite all dat homework piling on.

Edit:
Right, just played on for a little longer and realised that indeed that was the end of the demo :droll: MOAR PLS

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2017 at 1:57 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Jan 29, 2017 at 2:12 PM
how do i do the rock thing??
Im really confused..

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Jan 29, 2017 at 2:43 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
smh.. cant escape the haterz..

I remembered reading a post somewhere where you mentioned that you had revived this mod to see it finished, and I see I wasn't mistaken :')

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:18 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I remembered reading a post somewhere where you mentioned that you had revived this mod to see it finished, and I see I wasn't mistaken :')
well, there's a long story to it.
So, back in ye olden days, I started a rewrite in C++ because the constraints of the cave story engine and my assembly skills didn't line up with my ~grand vision~. So that took some time, and along the way I started developing Booster's Lab because I wanted some things Cave Editor didn't account for either like multiple tile layers. But as I went on and got better at programming it became obvious that there were a lot of problems in my original rewrite and it became difficult to work on
So I ended up making a few other games on the side like Hello Penguin and Kitten Battle Dungeon [RIP] but I still think about this a lot. It's getting very duke-nukem-forever-y but I think the only cure is to start fresh and really focus on the project until it is finished.

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Based Member
I still think about this a lot. It's getting very duke-nukem-forever-y but I think the only cure is to start fresh and really focus on the project until it is finished.
I feel like I'm reading a press release from Valve about whether or not there will ever be a Half-Life 3. I find this very interesting, am I correct in understanding that this project isn't actually abandoned yet? I was under the impression that you had dropped this.

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:21 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
technically i've never said I *wasn't* going to finish it. There's been periods of time when I definitely wasn't WORKING on it, but, yknow.

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:06 AM
Based Member
Good to know. As far as I'm aware, it looks like this is the only pre-2010 unfinished mod that has neither been blatantly abandoned nor had its creator go inactive. You're the last man standing Noxid, don't let us down.

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:37 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
well, there's a long story to it.
So, back in ye olden days, I started a rewrite in C++ because the constraints of the cave story engine and my assembly skills didn't line up with my ~grand vision~. So that took some time, and along the way I started developing Booster's Lab because I wanted some things Cave Editor didn't account for either like multiple tile layers. But as I went on and got better at programming it became obvious that there were a lot of problems in my original rewrite and it became difficult to work on
So I ended up making a few other games on the side like Hello Penguin and Kitten Battle Dungeon [RIP] but I still think about this a lot. It's getting very duke-nukem-forever-y but I think the only cure is to start fresh and really focus on the project until it is finished.
so, to sum it up:
when's kss?

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:41 PM
Professional Whatever
#BringBackKingStory