Physical release?

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:41 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
... well, White is the last song you get to hear that's on the vinyl.
Uhh.. you completely lost me there. "The Way Back Home" is the last song on Side B of the vinyl.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
centrelabelredux_zpscj1siqvs.jpg
The moon on side B seems like it would clash weird with the center perforation, but other than that I really like the designs. Great Job!
... well, White is  the last song you get to hear that's on the vinyl.
We already established that due to fitting the tracks on the vinyl sides, they can't be in the order they appear in the game. Wind Fortress isn't even in the game for that matter, so one could argue it should go last since it's a "bonus track", kinda like White. One could also argue in the same logic that the Cave Story Theme should be the first track as well. There's so many ways to look at it, but we were never really taking the tracks into chronological order to begin with.

EDIT: Me and AndWhy have already voted for fading out TWBH as the outro, but we would compensate if Blink or Kase prefered white (though this could have been brought up earlier).

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2016 at 5:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The moon on side B seems like it would clash weird with the center perforation, but other than that I really like the designs. Great Job!
Well here's a look at the labels showing the cutting regions in green if you want to compare directly:
centrelabelredux_trim_zpsduuvetq7.jpg

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
looks kinda tacky to me, I'm sure something more creative could be thought up.
Actual suggestions would be nice. Or at the very least tell me what you find tacky about it.

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Since activity in this thread has pretty much dropped off I can only surmise that everyone is fine with the artwork. Come the weekend I will submit what I have to the vinyl production service unless anyone else has anything to add.

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Since activity in this thread has pretty much dropped off I can only surmise that everyone is fine with the artwork. Come the weekend I will submit what I have to the vinyl production service unless anyone else has anything to add.

I was wondering if I could get in on the vinyl as well if it isn't too late? Or is there a Discord channel I could join where this is discussed?

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well the track selection is pretty much locked in at this point. But I haven't ordered yet, so I can add you to the order.
If you want to add your 2c regarding the song order or centre label please feel free to do so in this thread.

Maybe I should order some extra vinyls in case someone asks about it after the fact. My bank account will hate me though.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:55 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Track selection is fine by me! :) Is there an estimated price per record (and how much shipping would be to the US?)

Sep 8, 2016 at 6:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Track selection is fine by me! :) Is there an estimated price per record (and how much shipping would be to the US?)
It was around $23US per record at last estimate, and that is excluding shipping since that may vary per person. The shipping may cost around $12US, but I am making assumptions about the specs of the final package. I plan to ship by "Economy Air". Though I can ship using standard delivery (around $18US maybe) if you guys want fancy tracking codes.

Please understand that those shipping costs are an estimate until I actually receive the vinyls and inquire about it at the post office, and that won't be until 6 weeks after the order is made.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2016 at 7:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That's fine by me! If you're shipping them out yourself, make sure you pack them well inside LP Mailers (if possible). I've seen many a battered record due to poor packing. (Hope I didn't come off as mean, just wanna make sure everything goes smoothly! :) )

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:13 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Also, is there going to be any artwork for the record jacket?

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:35 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Also, is there going to be any artwork for the record jacket?
No, we were planning on getting a "black disco bag" or whatever jacket that's nicer than just putting it in a sleeve, but AndWhy pointed that the cost individually goes up more than expected when you have custom prints.

Assuming he's using the same website for getting the order quotes, I could look it up (or he could) how much it would actually be for the jacket artwork.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:37 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
No, we were planning on getting a "black disco bag" or whatever jacket that's nicer than just putting it in a sleeve, but AndWhy pointed that the cost individually goes up more than expected when you have custom prints.

Assuming he's using the same website for getting the order quotes, I could look it up (or he could) how much it would actually be for the jacket artwork.

Makes sense, thanks! Was just curious was all! Thanks so much for getting back to me (as well as AndWhy!). No need to go through the hassle of looking it up.

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just post back here when you need my info for the order :) Thanks so much for doing this!

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:55 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That cover looks awesome! I'm gonna see if I can find a place where we can get the covers for cheap.