CSTSF 2016 Flaming Competition Discussion & Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2016 at 7:15 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I mean... the mod? It's meh. It's too short. The gameplay lasts all of 5 minutes, and the rest is boring exposition that I couldn't care less about, because it's relating to a story that has no context given to it. If you want to put in exposition then make me care about what it's trying to tell me.
But you see, it's called "the final level" for a reason. Because it's not meant to be the entire story of the non-existant game this mod is the "final level" of. Also, if you didn't care about the story and exposition at all, then why were you even playing it in the first place? Be glad there's fucking context in that story and exposition.

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:09 AM
War criminal
General poor behaviour/treatment of other users
I'm sorry, do I play a mod for people to talk to me about things I don't care about that I never get enough context about for them to interest me? No, I'm sorry, but I don't. I play a mod for the gameplay, if there's a story then I'm fine with that, but it needs to be in between the gameplay. If I'd known there was going to be such a long story segment then I would have used BL to skip past it.
Well then, these forums are not the place for immature 12 year olds like you are. Come back when you finally grow up.

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:17 AM
War criminal
Excuse me? It wasn't an attack on you, you can calm down about it.
Well clearly, we've apparently been making these mods to please only you, considering you've been talking so venomous to all of us except for Thomas Xin. Go back to sucking his dick, why don't you?

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:19 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'm sorry, do I play a mod for people to talk to me about things I don't care about that I never get enough context about for them to interest me? No, I'm sorry, but I don't. I play a mod for the gameplay, if there's a story then I'm fine with that, but it needs to be in between the gameplay. If I'd known there was going to be such a long story segment then I would have used BL to skip past it.

This is so pointlessly rude that it makes me wonder why anyone ever took you seriously until now. What is it with you and acting so pointlessly hostile? (though tlinc isnt helping)

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:06 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Well clearly, we've apparently been making these mods to please only you, considering you've been talking so venomous to all of us except for Thomas Xin. Go back to sucking his dick, why don't you?
That's a bit harsh. I think Zxin is pretty fair. He/She (They) judge a mod pretty well. Zxin focuses on the good things too. Zxin also explains how to fix bad/horrible things in mods. Just because Zxin has an OPINION doesn't mean you can just tell him to suck someone's dick. You're the one sounding like a twelve year old in this situation. (I mean, even me, with all the suppressed hate I have for literally EVERYONE on these forums (Including Zxin 9But not as much), lol sorry), wouldn't pull such a low blow.)

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2016 at 1:07 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
@zxin

When you say it was so bad you would edit your way through it; It is rude no matter how you say it.

From what I've gathered from your previous posts and others; you've been pretty hostile toward everyone's mods in general; maybe it would be a good idea to take lightheartedness101 and a splash of sarcasm101.

You can't just say things and apologize for it expecting flowers and big warm hugs; you've made a reputation for being a butt toward others intentionally or not. Because of this, People are more likely to take things more hostile than intended. If you really don't like how you're viewed by the public then I would just recommend that you watch your P's and Q's very carefully. And if you don't know what to say; sometimes the best move is not to make one at all.

Also speak with reasoning; not emotion; as one is made of order and the other; chaos. and this applies to everyone; including me and you.

"Become the change you want to see - Mahatma Gandhi" - Noxid

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:11 AM
Catz R cool
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"..."
I really hate how things escalated as soon as I left and made my own thread for my mod. This is a thread for a modding competition, not a competition of who can think of the best insults. If you think someone's reply wasn't the most productive, send them a PM. You don't need to spam this thread with pointless insults as such.

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:11 AM
War criminal
I never said the story was bad, it's just not what I play mods for.
There's actually some really nice writing in it, but I don't care... I just want to PLAY the mod.
What's a mod without story, though? What's the point?

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:14 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
What's a mod without story, though? What's the point?
Well, look at CritterTD. That has NO Story. You are literally a box.

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:15 AM
Catz R cool
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"..."
I really can't believe the attitude of so many people to others on this forum. I'm not saying everyone on the forum is like this, only that too many people get offended/insulted and/or offend/insult everyone else in public threads too much.
If someone insults you, you don't need to retaliate.
Now if you guys please (I'm not a moderator, but it would be better if you still listened to me) STOP THIS ARGUMENT ABOUT WHO IS MORE INSULTING AND WHO IS MORE RIGHT/WRONG

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:16 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
this thread is temporarily locked until I talk to DT and decide what to do
there isn't a whole lot of productive discussion taking place anyway
lets just chill out and think TSC

Status
Not open for further replies.