Andronya (best Cave Story music player for android)

Jun 16, 2016 at 6:32 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So yeah you probably know that pixel has released aswell with cave story a program called organya that allow you to listen to all cave story's soundtracks... I saw that somebody has already ported it to gba but then i though... what if I make an android version? .-.
It resembles the main menu to the gba version screen but it has a smoother look and many other stuff:
-character changing
-all remastered cave story songs
-gamepad compatibility
-ending art showing on right screen (ex. Showing Quote close to iron head when playing "water way" song, all pictures are correlated to songs)
-a cool credits screen showing outerwall
-weapon changing (just a fashion choice and works only with Quote or Curly)
-Some beta characters hidden (such as: puu, G-clone Curly, human Sue, solider from surface, blue robot and others)

I haven't actually asked pixel or nicalis if i can publish this app on store but i have made a credit screen and i don't actually know if that's enough :/

So yeah this is becoming a really cool app and brings many memories back to cave story and i really would like to publish it so more people may enjoy this app and maybe try cave story

Maybe I'm going to ask for permissions :l anyway if you want guys i will release an apk here in a day or two
And maybe later i will post a screen

Anyway am I doing the right thing by making this "app"

Screenshots:
p216145-0-screenshot20160616150212.png

p216145-1-screenshot20160607222255.png

p216145-2-screenshot20160616150120.png

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2016 at 8:13 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If you make it able to load other org files, along with the orgmaker 2.10 orgs, that would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
This is a really cool idea! I like all the little things you thought of to spice it up. How is the progress so far?

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is a really cool idea! I like all the little things you thought of to spice it up. How is the progress so far?

It's almost done ;)
And I still like adding tiny things or easter eggs to apps, I'm glad you like it aswell

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:23 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
why does it say nicalis on it

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:55 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The remastered versions aren't organya though, I'm pretty sure

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:03 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Well whatever Nicalis helped in Cave Story remastering so i prefer to maintain his logo :p

And yeah this is a newer version so it should look better with newer songs

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 16, 2016 at 3:08 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
ok but I find it misleading to call it an organya player because I'm guessing that's probably not what it is, at this point.
Organya is a music file format created by pixel and made/played using this program: http://www.cavestory.org/downloads/orgmaker.rar
you may have created a cave story music player but an organya player is something different

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM
Professional Whatever
Couldn't you achieve the same result by downloading the music from here onto your phone, like how regular music works?

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Couldn't you achieve the same result by downloading the music from here onto your phone, like how regular music works?
Nope that's completly different, just listening to music doesn't bring the visive nostalgia as seeing credits images and characters walking around, and even if so then pixel wouldn't ever create organya, the main objective of this app is to bring some memories from cave story to mobile phones you can agree or not but that's why i am doing so and if you try looking on playstore there aren't any cave story apps or not atleast any that can be defined in that way

Jun 16, 2016 at 9:02 PM
"Huzzah!"
Well whatever Nicalis helped in Cave Story remastering so i prefer to maintain his logo :p

You might want to have it say "With music from Nicalis" or something similar so users don't think Nicalis made it. And is redistributing the remastered songs legal? Couldn't hurt to be sure with that latter question.

Jun 17, 2016 at 4:13 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
You might want to have it say "With music from Nicalis" or something similar so users don't think Nicalis made it. And is redistributing the remastered songs legal? Couldn't hurt to be sure with that latter question.
I wouldn't risk it

Jun 17, 2016 at 4:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Please please PLEASE call it something other than "Organya for android", because, unless you can actually play Pixel's proprietary music format, the name is extremely misleading. Only the original music is in organya format, the remastered music on the other hand is in the much more common ogg vorbis format.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2016 at 7:42 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Please please PLEASE call it something other than "Organya for android", because, unless you can actually play Pixel's proprietary music format, the name is extremely misleading. Only the original music is in organya format, the remastered music on the other hand is in the much more common ogg vorbis format.
Okay okay I will change its name

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:09 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
the main objective of this app is to bring some memories from cave story to mobile phones
Wouldn't the original music fit better for this goal?

Jun 17, 2016 at 2:10 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Wouldn't the original music fit better for this goal?
Creating a org player is a much more complex affair than it is to play back ogg files. If you really want the original cave story music on android then do the following:

Download this: http://www.cavestory.org/music/xm/all.zip
Download Xmp Mod Player from the Google Play store.
Connect the usb cable from your android to your pc.
Unzip and upload xm files to a folder called "mod" on the android device (create it if it doesn't exist).

The remastered music has leading and looping sections, so you do need a dedicated player to play them as they were meant to be played, so there is merit in doing this for the remastered music over the original, since the original is effectively catered for anyway. Org2xm and Xmp Mod Player are good enough for the original music, and custom orgs work fine as well.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2016 at 6:00 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Jul 8, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So yeah you probably know that pixel has released aswell with cave story a program called organya that allow you to listen to all cave story's soundtracks... I saw that somebody has already ported it to gba but then i though... what if I make an android version? .-.
It resembles the main menu to the gba version screen but it has a smoother look and many other stuff:
-character changing
-all remastered cave story songs
-gamepad compatibility
-ending art showing on right screen (ex. Showing Quote close to iron head when playing "water way" song, all pictures are correlated to songs)
-a cool credits screen showing outerwall
-weapon changing (just a fashion choice and works only with Quote or Curly)
-Some beta characters hidden (such as: puu, G-clone Curly, human Sue, solider from surface, blue robot and others)

I haven't actually asked pixel or nicalis if i can publish this app on store but i have made a credit screen and i don't actually know if that's enough :/

So yeah this is becoming a really cool app and brings many memories back to cave story and i really would like to publish it so more people may enjoy this app and maybe try cave story

Maybe I'm going to ask for permissions :l anyway if you want guys i will release an apk here in a day or two
And maybe later i will post a screen

Anyway am I doing the right thing by making this "app"

Screenshots:
p216145-0-screenshot20160616150212.png

p216145-1-screenshot20160607222255.png

p216145-2-screenshot20160616150120.png
I've seen now this post and I like the idea, if you can, can you send me the apk?
(I'm sorry for the not perfect English, but I don't speak English)

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:34 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've seen now this post and I like the idea, if you can, can you send me the apk?
(I'm sorry for the not perfect English, but I don't speak English)
sure bro i'll send it on your profile okay?