CSTSF 2016 Modding Competition Discussion & Submission Thread

How many extra days do you think you'd need in order to be able to complete your mod entry?

• None!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 1-4 days (The extra weekend)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 4-7 days

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 7+ days

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 8, 2016 at 1:33 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Are we allowed to get help for things like art design? Because unlike what I set about ORGmaking a long time ago, I still suck at art. I tried making a pixelated plane the other day and my friend looked over and asked why I was drawing dicks in MS Paint. :muscledoc:
Lol. I could potentially help you with art. (Unless you get someone better)

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:35 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Are we allowed to get help for things like art design? Because unlike what I set about ORGmaking a long time ago, I still suck at art. I tried making a pixelated plane the other day and my friend looked over and asked why I was drawing dicks in MS Paint. :muscledoc:
lol, of course. Any sort of asset is fair to use, so go ahead and rip a bunch of graphics from other video games, force your pal to work slave labor, or whatever else will get your mod done in time.

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:56 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
you can't make a whitey be a slave that's against my historiasm religion

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:06 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Despite the whole "contests" shtick, the idea behind these events is really more about getting as many neat creations together as feasible for everyone to enjoy than caring about winning. They're always going to be somewhat limited by time and current modding ability, there's no real ideal for someone to shoot for except the best they know how to do. Both the last contest and the old hell mod contest came out with eight mods - we're never going to top that if we can't get more people involved :orangebell:

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Soup Man
I'm nowhere near done, but where do you put your submission?

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I'm nowhere near done, but where do you put your submission?
There was some talk about making posting anonymous to avoid any potential bias, but I can't remember what came of that discussion.

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:00 PM
Soup Man
We could just all send our mods to tpcool and then he could post them all at once.

Although I already showed my character, so people will know which mod mine is...
I'm showing one of my characters every time I post. (Hint profile pic hint)

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:19 PM
Soup Man
Jun 8, 2016 at 6:10 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
A bit of an important update (details also updated in the original post).

In regards to the contest deadline, I have been fairly stubborn about making any changes. So far, however, I have gotten many requests to extend the deadline so that everybody has a full month to work on their entries. My original plan was to check up with everyone a week or so before the deadline to see if an extension was necessary, but the calls for an extension have been unanimous up to this point. So, at the risk of appearing hasty/impulsive, the submission deadline will be extended to Thursday, July 7th 11:59PM EST, or one week after the original deadline. That's it, though! A full month is plenty of time (and it was the length of the previous contest). Please plan out your mod's scope around this final deadline.

Now, in response to anonymous entries: I am not going to require them, but please feel free to choose that option if you so desire. Send me a PM with your entry and the exact specifications of when you want your mod posted (the second you send it to me, when the voting thread gets made, etc.) and how you would want me to present it. But again, it's not required, so if you don't want to do that you can just post a link to your submission in this thread. @SeasonsOfDestiny's point regarding bias likely true to some extent, but @Kenzo_ITN is right in saying that he (and many, many other entrants) has already disclosed details about his mod (and many entrants have particularly distinct styles as well), so it would be too late to debate making that a requirement.

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:33 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Jun 9, 2016 at 7:54 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You're all very cynical about this.

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:33 PM
Soup Man
You're all very cynical about this.
It's because we all know we'll lose either way. All the best modders are entering.
I don't even know if I'll be able to finish mine because of corruption and whatnot.
I still don't know why we can't just enjoy ourselves and try something new without being held back because 'if we can't win, why try?'.
I don't care if I'm last, I'm still going to give it my all. The value of fun doesn't need to be edited with a hex editor (Whatever the hell that means. Interpret it however you want...?).

So uhh... Motivation!!! Yeah!!!! ... (Awkward Silence) ... (damit i scared them all away)